Erat

Elias26NJ

Word is that Nashville might be looking to move this guy. I don't know much about him though. I know that he is young and he works out with Patty Elias in the offseason. Could he help our team at all? I'm not saying that we need help, but if he could be had for cheap, why not? Nashville is said to be looking for veteran leadership. An offer on another board was Stevenson and Bicek for Erat......seems fair to me, but again, I don't know too much about the guy.

I'd be wary of this deal because he might be a "sniper" as NHL.com's report on him suggests, but he's another small guy (5'11" 176lbs.).

We'd be giving up a grinder with a physical presence who's starting to click on the 4th line for a smaller sniper. And if he were acquired, it'd bump Gionta down to the AHL most likely.

I'll take him if we can package another career AHLer with Bicek and send them to Nashville, since we know Bicek will never play for NJ after this season.

But for Stevenson? I'll pass on that... for now.

Erat's been a healthy scratch for a few games this year.....if you can't crack the Predators lineup regulary, you've got problems.

Although he did play well at times last year when playing with Arkiphov and Orszagh on the "vowel" line. He might be worth a flier, but I wouldn't give up anyone on the current Devils roster for him. Maybe a prospect and/or a pick.

Good suggestion, but no.. other than the goal he scored against the Devs last year, I don't see anything remarkable about erat.. typical European kind of player who won't get a shot on a good NHL team.. but can probably post 15-30-45 on a bad club..

Now if the Preds were giving up on Scott Hartnell... heh.