Devs on the radio

TomsRiverDevil

I have a feeling WFAN gets higher ratings with their "personalities" running their mouths over the Yankees/Mets/Knicks/Giants/Jets than any Devils game they air.

I also don't think any of the other sports radio stations are clamoring to broadcast their games either, so off to streaming the Devils go.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

How the Devils don't have a radio home is mind numbing to me.

Whatever contract they have with WFAN should be torn up right now so the Devils can find themselves a REAL permanent home, not a baseball infested cesspool known as WFAN.

I am not killing WFAN for being a one dimensional baseball network in every form as host and callers can do whatever the heck they please, but with the Devils in playoff with ZERO coverage from its own network isn't doing them any favors whatsoever. 

The hosts on the station, as well as their listening base, wouldn't know a hockey puck if it hit them in the head. Which is fine.

Point is, the Devils should find themselves a better local network for THEIR product and WFAN is hardly it.

For what it's worth, Boomer Esiason has Rangers season tickets and has had them for quite a while I believe.  He's quite the diehard hockey fan, and I give him credit especially since he was a professional athlete in a totally different sport.  I think he actually wore number 7 because of Rod Gilbert, but not positive.

I listen to/watch Boomer and Gio in the morning every day and although I wish they'd talk more hockey, especially this time of year, the Devils (and the Isles and Rags) get a fair amount of coverage.  Not a ton, but it's definitely acknowledged and considered a staple of the metro area.  They frequently have guests from the teams on - Nico was on before the start of the season, the Isles owner was on a few weeks back, and good ol NJ Devil the mascot also sat in studio as well lol.