sweden owns germany

bruins4777

http://www.tsn.ca/world_cup_hockey/news_story.asp?id=97010

i didn't watch the game but modin got a goal and 2 assists so was he the "suprisign hero?" i was rooting for germany...o well.

edit: i watched the highlights. the first goal salo tried to do a brodeur. it didn't work. 2nd well horrible he reachs out for the puck and it bounced off and in.

i think it was on the 4th goal but lidstrom made this great pass and then from there on it was just a bunch of pretty passing for a great goal. the swedes played great. johnsson fumbleded the puck once but came back and made up for it with a goal.

kolzig had no chance. i think the germans put up a good fight but u can't beat talent at hard work like the swedes.

Edited by bruins4777

Kolzig is burnt out and finished. He probably won't be the starter in Washington next year.

it is a common misconseption that kolzig had a horrid season last year. sure his first half sucked because of well. look at the team around him. kolzig is the kind of goalie where he is best when there is a solid defensive system around him. he is only 34. he rebounded in the 2nd half and was suberb including a defensive player of the week nomination.

he is far from finished this is one bad season on a horrid team. maybe he is past his prime a little but he is far from finished.

Tomas Holmstrom, a defenceman with the Detroit Red Wings, put Sweden ahead with a power-play goal at 16:34 of the opening period when he knocked a rebound past Kolzig from close range.

When did Holmstrom switch positions :blink:?

Tomas Holmstrom, a defenceman with the Detroit Red Wings, put Sweden ahead with a power-play goal at 16:34 of the opening period when he knocked a rebound past Kolzig from close range.

When did Holmstrom switch positions :blink:?

i don't know. but his goal was nice.