Hirsch calls NHLers in Europe 'scabs'

Weekes Head

According to TSN.ca:

Hirsch calls NHLers in Europe 'scabs'

TSN.ca Staff

10/30/2004

Corey Hirsch played in 100 games with the Vancouver Canucks in the 1990's but he is not too happy with today's NHL players.

Hirsch was playing for the SCL Tigers of the Swiss "A" League but has been sidelined in favour of Martin Gerber of the Carolina Hurricanes.

Hirsch agreed to write a column for Sun Media and used it to air his greivances with the influx of NHL players to Europe.

"I think some of these players should have a talk with my pregnant wife and my kids that moved their lives to Europe, only to watch me sit in the stands game after game because I have been bumped by an NHL player," Hirsch wrote in the Sun.

Faced with the possibility of not playing again this season, Hirsch talked about the long-term legacy NHL players will leave behind when the lockout ends and their short-term stay is over.

"They will have their careers making great salaries but the damage they will have left in their wake will be irreparable," surmised Hirsch, who has represented Canada in international play. "They are scabs over here, replacement players, basically rented to put fans in the seats."

Hirsch also finds it ironic that NHL players are heading to Europe as they fight for job security in North America.

"Before NHL players come to Europe, I suggest they take a long hard look in the mirror and ask themselves why they are coming," Hirsch added in his Sun column. "Other than to stay in shape, they will be playing for little money and will be destroying others job security."

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=103166

Oh get it through your head loser.

If the multi-millionaire players actually gave two sh!ts about the small guy, they would agree to taking 55% of the NHL league revenues. I think that's a lowball number and Bettman would agree to somewhere around 60 to 65%.

But no, they would rather not do that. They would rather put the small bar owners around the Corel Centre out of business. They would like to see the restaurant owners close up shop. They would rather see the kids that earned their university book money scooping popcorn at the game have to go further into debt. They would rather see the people who work behind the scenes for the NHL clubs get laid off.

And these are the guys they see all the time. Why the F would Corey Hirsch think that they gave a damn about him, his wife or his kids? These guys care about nothing but themselves.

The guys like Commodore who want to be playing; the guys like Friesen who refuse to take someones jobs... those are the guys that get my respect. Scabs like Thornton piss me off.

Oh get it through your head loser.

If the multi-millionaire players actually gave two sh!ts about the small guy, they would agree to taking 55% of the NHL league revenues. I think that's a lowball number and Bettman would agree to somewhere around 60 to 65%.

But no, they would rather not do that. They would rather put the small bar owners around the Corel Centre out of business. They would like to see the restaurant owners close up shop. They would rather see the kids that earned their university book money scooping popcorn at the game have to go further into debt. They would rather see the people who work behind the scenes for the NHL clubs get laid off.

And these are the guys they see all the time. Why the F would Corey Hirsch think that they gave a damn about him, his wife or his kids? These guys care about nothing but themselves.

The guys like Commodore who want to be playing; the guys like Friesen who refuse to take someones jobs... those are the guys that get my respect. Scabs like Thornton piss me off.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A lot of AHLer's would be playing in finland or europe also if they didn't have ahl contracts.

You wanna mention some more? How bout the other 150 players out side of thornton?

yeah, fvck thorton!!! he is the reason for all evil hehe j/k bruins

hirsch makes an excellent point. then again, im a programmer, if some big corporate programming firm that employed the best in the business closed, i would kind of expect to be replaced. i wouldnt be happy about it, but thats life.