Modano leads Team USA

Rock

Ok first off tim thomas played in finland this past season and isn't in the AHL.

Second, this roster is horrible. This would be good for a normal world championships roster, but for one where the comp will probably be stepped up? HORRIBLE.

I'm liking legwand, cole, and gionta.

Matt Cullen....my freaking god. that guy BLOWS.

Andy Roach, when's the last time he was in the NHL?!??!?!

He's only in there cause of that goal he scored in the shootout or whatever it was last year.

I do however like the goaltender selections. I'd like to see either conklin or dipietro BATTLE for it, not just GIVE it to dipietro. Conklin was really good last year, but dipietro got the nod at the world cup...come on conklin!

No Gomez on the roster?  Too bad.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't the article last week say his team was doing very well? Assuming that, that means that the Aces are in the playoffs, then Gomez isn't available until they are eliminated.

Isn't Gomez still on Team USA's sh!t list from last year???  Would they pick him even if he were available???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They said on the local news in Alaska that Gomez was offered a spot on the team. His Alaska Aces team is in 1st place in the ECHL and the playoffs start next week. If they happen to get knocked out in the 1st round then it sounds like Gomer will be playing for USA, but otherwise he is going to stay with the Aces through the ECHL playoffs. Gomer has been a huge boost to the team, he is leading the league in scoring as well.