A-Rod is lighting it UP tonight

NJayDevil

I think I'd rather him get the save than the win, but eh, I'll take it.

I've lost too many good performances to the bench recently. Griffey just hit a 2 run hr, from my bench. :doh1:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think we've had one of the most even rounds so far...my God, practically every category is within reach for both of us. :P

It may be time to shut Matsui down for a bit though, he's absolutely killing me with his slump. Hopefully picking up Matos will do some good.

Everybody outplays them dr. Their bullpen continues to blow games. They can't get Rivera in for save situations. Something that was unheard of over the last eight years.

And when they get good outings, the offense doesn't get the big hits or someone comes in and blows it.

The bottom of the order is killing this team. Martinez is washed up. Giambi looks done. He can't catch up to a fastball anymore. They're relying on Andy Phillips to provide a spark. But he's a fastball hitter and pitchers are getting the book on him. Bernie Williams' bat is slower as well.

Torre can't find the right combo. He put A-rod at cleanup and moved Posada to 5th and put Matsui 6th. Matsui did a little better today.

Their best middle reliever is Buddy Groom. He didn't even make the roster out of Spring Training because the team was committed to other guys. Groom hasn't allowed an earned run all spring.

They finally go on the road and head to lowly Tampa. If they can't put together three wins in a row against them, that wouldn't be a good sign.

P.S. Baltimore continues to win. The Yanks are now 8 out in the loss column. Brian Roberts has 8 HRs and 12 SBs. What the heck? Bruce Chen is 3-1. What other weird things can happen?