Giambi and the steroid issue

NJDevs4978

Obviously with Giambi's recent resurgence, it begs the opinion that if he continues to pound the ball the way he has, in a way he's doing baseball a big favor because people won't be going out of their way as much to question everyone's records in the 'roid' era if Giambi can actually show that he's pretty close to his MVP form of a couple years ago after all of his injuries, the negative publicity and being off the juice. Unless of course it turns out Giambi's found a way to beat the system since after all the cheaters are often ahead of the tests :P (go ahead throw tomatoes :lol:) or baseball winds up getting caught sweeping tests under the rug to avoid negative publicity since only marginal players have been caught up to this point.

Then again, you see how punchless someone like Sammy Sosa gets overnight and McGwire and Bonds' increased production with age and you still have to think that the 'roids did make a tangible difference. I guess arguments can be made both ways now though.

Edited by Hasan4978

It's difficult to assess things Hasan. You have some guys who dramatically dropped off. I'd have to classify Pudge Rodriguez as well in that category. He was huge.

Giambi has obviously regained his stroke. Some fans have called up and speculated that he was back on something but I don't think so. He doesn't look that much bigger but he looks a lot fitter. Just watch his bat speed and watch how he runs the bases and even in the field, he looks a lot better.

Remember that this guy once had bad knees two years ago. And that might have affected his swing.

I don't really know what else to add. I guess a lot more could become clear if Bonds ever returns.

Yeah Pudge is an obvious one I forgot, thing with Pudge is catchers do tend to start losing their effectiveness when they get to Pudge's age. The age thing also makes it kinda tough to assess Bonds when he comes back, he'll be about 41 when (if?) he's at full strength, even he has to age sometime.

I guess you have to look at younger players and see how many of them fall off. Maybe someone like Mike Lowell? I wouldn't have thought he'd be doing them but he was a good player and now he's fallen off the face of the earth this year.

Giambi is on the juice, ok Mets fans feel better?

Next subject.

Oh and yes the Mets are playing much better now, why are the Yankee$, now just an above average team with monster egos, still such a big concern to the Met$ fan? :D

Edited by LOTCB

Why are what Met fans think still a concern to Yankee fans? If this thread were about Bonds (which it wouldn't be because he's not playing or playing well) would you still be complaining? Or would you be complaining if I wasn't a Met fan? Fact is my comment about him still being on the juice was more a sarcastic slap at MLB and their willingness to look the other way for so many years with all the roid users than any real accusation of him. I give him full marks for coming back the way he has.

Besides he'd have to be a moron to be on it again with the health issues it's already caused him not to mention the random testing and suspensions now and the negative publicity he's already gone through (unless of course there WAS some wink wink arrangement with baseball to turn the other cheek in the face of positive tests, which I doubt but I don't put much past MLB :P), but go ahead and keep assuming what you want to assume in everyone's posts :rolleyes:

Yes I'm very happy the Mets are playing well right now, particularly that they're 5-1 since Willie FINALLY smartened up and started batting Wright higher in the order. I still don't think they'll win it in the end not with the way the Braves played with about 85% of the team out with injuries and now they're all coming back, but if they have a winning record this year that's fine by me.

Edited by Hasan4978

Great line by Somers today on the fan.

"The Giambino has injected some life into the back end of the Yankee lineup."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL that is funny but I can't stand Somers or most of the other ppl on the FAN. I really really despise Mike and the Maddog those guys are just flat out idiots!

I don't care how he's doing it. I hate the Yankees, but I picked him up in my fantasy league and he has rewarded me for doing it this July.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know the feeling :D. I had a hunch his swing was coming back a month ago and picked him up for one league. Then did the same with the other. Man, that was a great move.

I don't care how he's doing it. I hate the Yankees, but I picked him up in my fantasy league and he has rewarded me for doing it this July.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know the feeling :D. I had a hunch his swing was coming back a month ago and picked him up for one league. Then did the same with the other. Man, that was a great move.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A friend of mine is in a league where one of the teams has Bonds, Sosa, Giambi, Palmeiro and other lots of reputable characters like those. The team name? Lavatory Injectors

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a guy in one of my leagues with a few of those players with the team name Texas Roid Rage