JHL Suggestions...

NJayDevil

I'm for PIM's myself, and would much rather have one goalie slot than two (reducing the total goalie games to 82), that would make more sense in a 20-team league since obviously every team can't have two starting goalies given there are only 30 NHL teams. If the game limit stays at 164, drafting goalies might take on a ridiculously slanted importance in the first three rounds of the draft to get as many games played as possible - though nobody will actually reach 164 games played. With an 82-game limit every team can reach it whether you have a dominant goalie and a backup or two sucky goalies, and you actually might need to make decisions on not playing goalies to prevent going over the limit.

I hope everyone takes a look at the league settings before the draft, in the fantasy football league I was in last year - not a NJDevs league - people had every chance to make suggestions and nobody made any, and then people whined about four or five different things during the season when they realized how the scoring worked after seeing it in some of their games (none of those complaints I agreed with BTW, like one guy wanted to make passing TD's 4 points, I know they are 4 points in some leagues but to me that's stupid).

Edited by Hasan4978

As for game limits, Ive never been a fan of that but in this league I could understand it. But even though this is a 20 person league, i think 2 goalies adds an intersting dynamic to the league.

As for PIM's I totally agree they should be a category.

As for goalie losses, I say no as well.

I'm actually for the goalie losses, since this year there can only be two results for a goalie (W's or L's) plus there's so few other goalie categories you can really use anyway. I could do without it if nobody else wants L's though, at least it damages the backdoor where you could play no goalies and win L's, GA's and maybe GAA if you get lucky in one or two starts at the start of the season.

How are we going to determine the draft order (past my #1 pick)? NJay, you want me to do a random draw since my pick is already set?

Edited by Hasan4978

I'm actually for the goalie losses, since this year there can only be two results for a goalie (W's or L's) plus there's so few other goalie categories you can really use anyway.  I could do without it if nobody else wants L's though, at least it damages the backdoor where you could play no goalies and win L's, GA's and maybe GAA if you get lucky in one or two starts at the start of the season.

How are we going to determine the draft order (past my #1 pick)?  NJay, you want me to do a random draw since my pick is already set?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks like PIMs will be a category. I don't like it but majority does rule...

Goalie Losses is going to be a category too. Draft smart and you'll be fine.

As far as the draft order goes I'm going to do a random draw. You obviously have the #1 pick but after that will be decided soon. I'm going to do the same thing I did last season. 19 teams will go into a hat and I'll draw them. I still decided to do it this way regardless of the complaints last season from people who thought I had no life and rigged the draw.