directv nhl package - EVERY game or just Alot?

BobMc

Do you get every NHL game with the direcTv package like you do with the NFL package (minus the games you games you can get anyway on ESPN)? Or is it like their baseball package where you get about 1/2 of a particular teams games but definitely not every one?

Thanks

I just went to order Center Ice on Dishnetwork.com and found the following statement:

"NHL Center Ice 2005-2006 NHL Center Ice brings you over 1,100 games, including the first two rounds of the Stanley Cup playoffs and select games broadcast in high-definition."

So it looks like some games will be in HD. Now I'm not sure if that will only be on Dish Network or overall. Probably overall.

I just went to order Center Ice on Dishnetwork.com and found the following statement:

"NHL Center Ice 2005-2006 NHL Center Ice brings you over 1,100 games, including the first two rounds of the Stanley Cup playoffs and select games broadcast in high-definition."

So it looks like some games will be in HD.  Now I'm not sure if that will only be on Dish Network or overall.  Probably overall.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Each cable or satellite provider would have to designate an HD channel for these games. I'm pretty sure Comcast wouldn't do this, but I don't know about other providers.

Dish Network has allocated 18 channels to Center Ice, 540-558. I'd imagine other providers do the same. I know Comcast Digital had a handful but don't remember if it was 18. I know it was at least a dozen though. I don't see why Comcast wouldn't add it.

Dish Network has allocated 18 channels to Center Ice, 540-558.  I'd imagine other providers do the same. I know Comcast Digital had a handful but don't remember if it was 18.  I know it was at least a dozen though.  I don't see why Comcast wouldn't add it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Comcast uses 500-510 for MLB and NHL. But none of them are HD channels.

Guess I'll be watching OLN alot. "IF" OLN HD is ever available.

Were you always Comast or did you used to be AT&T, etc. ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had DirecTV from about 1996-2003. I've had Comcast for the last 1 1/2 years, since I moved into a condo that doesn't give me the coveted "clear view of the southern sky" that DirecTV requires.

Comcast owns OLN so you can be sure they will put any games that OLN plans to show in HD on. They will likely use one of the inHD channels which is what they do now to show Mets and Yankee games in the area.

Also, keep in mind with Center Ice, blackout restrictions apply and not every team has all of their games on TV.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had DirecTV from about 1996-2003. I've had Comcast for the last 1 1/2 years, since I moved into a condo that doesn't give me the coveted "clear view of the southern sky" that DirecTV requires.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's wasn't what I was asking, sorry if I worded it wrong. What I was asking was if it was always Comcast in your area or are they there due to recent mergers?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's wasn't what I was asking, sorry if I worded it wrong. What I was asking was if it was always Comcast in your area or are they there due to recent mergers?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure. I believe it's been Comcast since I moved down here in 99.