Mid Season Report Cards--tfp

MantaRay

http://thefourthperiod.com

The half-way point of the season has come and here is the report card for the Devils first half of the 2002-2003 season:

Forwards:

John Madden (A): Bobby who? He entered the season doing what he said he would do. Has played near flawless hockey all season.

Jamie Langenbrunner (A): What a steal. Love this kid. Does everything and the team is a much better one when he is in the line-up. Tied for the lead in team scoring!!

Scott Gomez (A-): Has been leading the team in scoring almost all season. Burns is starting to appreciate his talents a little more with the new line formations.

Patrik Elias (B): Hasn't played to everyones expectations, but is adjusting to life without the A-line. Starting to look more compfortable and establishing chemistry with Bicek.

Brian Gionta (B-): Little G has won me over. I have doubted him since day one. His size was always the issue, but the heart and the effort has won my respect.

I miss him not in the line-up.

Jeff Friesen (B-): Not playing up to expectations, but he is sixth in team scoring and has the third best in +/- (+9). His speed opens lanes and keeps the defense on their heels. He has been under utilized.

Turner Stevenson (C+): Lacks the polish and finesse of other skilled players, but a team player through and through who inspires his teammates.

Jay Pandolfo (C+): He will never put you in a position to lose. He and Madden are the best penalty killing forwards in the league. If he could only score.

Sergei Brylin