OOT Scoreboard 4/21

Devilsdude530

Rolosson was the only reason the Oilerslasted so long. He's seriously underrated. The Oilers look like a gimped Calgary. If Rolosson plays the way he did tonight Edmonton has a real chance, especially as the series goes on and Detroit gets tired.

I was fortunate and got to see Detroit/Edmonton, Nashville/San jose, and Calgary/Anaheim.

If Mason keeps playing like he did last night then the predators have a real chance at taking this series. San Jose was dominating them towards the end of the second and most of the third, but Mason kept them in. The Predators have a beautiful power play, but if San Jose plays smart and clean then the Preds will be hard pressed to win 3 more. A lot depends on San Jose holding them off in the beginning and keeping them off the power play.

Calgary seems to have not noticed the rule changes. They love to bump players off their lines away from the puck. It was the game that looked the most like pre-lockout hockey tonight, lots of rubbing and bumping and tiny little hooks that just weren't getting called. Sure Calgary gave up two 5 on 3's, but if the refs called all the interference then they would have given up three more, easy. I honestly didn't think anyone would score to finish that game.

BTW, out of those three games, Calgary/Anaheim was the least interesting to watch. Until tonight I thought the increased enforcement of interference was sh!tty and dumb, but the game really is more entertaining without all the tiny hooks/bumps and sh!t. My opinions may be influenced by my increasing drunkenness throughout the night. I've had the high school health class equivalency of 11 drinks since the second overtime of detroit-the end of the calgary game.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic