OOT Scoreboard 4/21

Devilsdude530

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll ask this to Don cause you've seen the Sens a lot. If you were voting for the Selke, would you choose Fisher over Brind'Amour?

Not really. Fisher has a super all-star defence behind him that really enhances his stats. Sorta a "right place, right time" kinda deal. But from watching Brind'Amour, you can usually tell that he's the one in charge out there killing penalties.

Also, having Chara or Redden back there, gives Fisher more of a leeway on the PK to take off and take some offensive chances. I've seen Rod pull up sometimes and just get the puck deep.

Not really. Fisher has a super all-star defence behind him that really enhances his stats. Sorta a "right place, right time" kinda deal. But from watching Brind'Amour, you can usually tell that he's the one in charge out there killing penalties.

Also, having Chara or Redden back there, gives Fisher more of a leeway on the PK to take off and take some offensive chances. I've seen Rod pull up sometimes and just get the puck deep.

All good points. Thanks.

Edmonton with a power play in final 2:00. Omg...the Oiler announcer was about to say, 'Rebound. Torres...score.' But he stopped in the middle and talked about how Legace robbed him, referring to it as'the save of the tournament so far.'

Wow. They're 2-2 headed to OT. Oilers have 9 or 10 seconds left on it.

The Modin penalty that got the Sens going was deserved. He had one hand on the stick and the other hand holding the Senator. I don't know why guys, at this stage of the season, haven't figured this out yet. I was calling him every name in the book.

The Boyle penalty that followed was a case of the referees calling everything could possible be a hook. Boyle and the Senator were both reaching for the puck behind the net. The Ottawa player kicked the puck up the boards a bit and tried to take off. But, given that Boyle had been reaching for the puck, the Senator ended up with the stick around his midsection.

Other that, I didn't see to many undeserved calls tonight. However, Schaffer and Prospal both took dives to draw penalties. And I that is a much bigger concern for me than a continuation of the crackdown.

ya ekman isn't as good as morrison, but they are equivalents in terms of what they do on their team. They are both leaches off of great players...well morrison WAS a huge leach, that line barely played together late in the year and sucked anyways

both take bad penalties at horrid times.

I heard over at Calgarypuck that the NHL is looking at making playoff OT 4-on-4 in an attempt to eliminate triple overtimes. NBC is super scared of having a hockey game last well into prime time.

OLN on the other hand is probably praying FOR triple overtime.

Edited by Don

I heard over at Calgarypuck that the NHL is looking at making playoff OT 4-on-4 in an attempt to eliminate triple overtimes. NBC is super scared of having a hockey game last well into prime time.

I really really really really really really hope they don't do that.

I thought so but it seemed like the intermission in the Wings game was less than 15 minutes.

Well, intermission times vary so much between teams anyway. In Ottawa I'd say its about 10 mins, in Buffalo I know it is 17:30. For the Rats it is always 20mins, but they have no TV time-outs.

I guess for 20min OT they REALLY need to re-do the ice, so I guess it is usual intermission length.

I would be angry if they did that. I love multiple 20 minute 5 on 5 sudden death overtimes. One of my favorite parts about playoff hockey.

I would be angry if they did that. I love multiple 20 minute 5 on 5 sudden death overtimes. One of my favorite parts about playoff hockey.

As would I. Staying up with my Dad for the Islander-Caps game was like a rite of passage.

I think if this ever came to pass, it would be yet another example of the NHL spitting on the fans in order to please the man. As someone said in the discussion at CP, money talks. Capitalism won - and if capitalism says 4-on-4 makes more money, then that is the way it will go.

As would I. Staying up with my Dad for the Islander-Caps game was like a rite of passage.

That is awesome. My parents don't like me staying up late, so I pretend to go to bed during those long games and listen on the radio in my room or follow on my computer. I remember in 2000 when the Devils finally won, I came running out into the living room (loudly, I was so happy) to watch the celebration on tv in the middle of the night and just got in trouble- but it was well worth it. :P

Since I'm watching this Nashville game, full total props to Mason so far. He's hanging tough.

Agreed he is playing well. So is the SJ goaltender too bad he has had to put up with some bad calls by the refs against SJ.

Since I'm watching this Nashville game, full total props to Mason so far. He's hanging tough.

He's got the right stuff?

Fiesty: Well, my Dad gave up after a couple OT's. I was a straight A student, so as long as I kept that up I was allowed to do whatever I pleased. But I don't stay up and watch the Devils OTs anymore. After the Ranger debacle and the Sabre debacle, I figured it was too depressing. So I just record the games and go to bed. In 2000 my brother called me to tell me that we won. :P