OOT Scoreboard 4/21

Devilsdude530

Edmonton vs Detroit ... the longer this game goes, the more it will favour Edmonton in my opinion. Not only will it boost their confidence making them believe they can beat Detroit, but also it will tire out the Detroit veterans as Edmonton seems to be a lot younger.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a kinda completely unrelated question:

If a goalie is doing badly and gets pulled, how often does that team go on to win?

Just wondering about the thinking behind that. I know sometimes it can be used by the coach to give the players in front a bit of a kick in the arse. But does it ever actually work. Might it not be better to leave the "bad" goalie in and give him the extra practce?

Preds win 4-3.

strong win by the preds, mason stole it. bad calls and poor pk at the begining of the game(starting off a game 0 for 3 on the PK is bad) cost the sharks

clemment is an idiot, he just called zidlicky their best dman, my god. he's maybe their 3rd best.

i thought thornton played pretty well, but mason just made some huge saves, o ya ekman sucks

Edited by bruins4777

Deflection of Rem Murray. But I mean with 50 odd shots, something had to go in. Roloson isn't a god.

Holy cow, Roloson 57 shots - 54 saves

Legacy - 25 shots - 23 saves.

I didnt watch the game or anything, but it looks like detroit was literally owning.

Shots per period 1 2 3 OT TOT

Edmonton 5 6 8 6 25

Detroit 15 16 7 19 57

The next game will be interesting.

FIRST playoff goals by Lang !

1-0 Detroit (PP)

On a bullsh!t call too, Maltby ran Roloson, and Roloson slashed him with the stick, incidendal minors, but some how the Wings get a power play, and score.

Original six teams SUCK, I hope they all die.

6 out of 7 goals scored so far tonight - On the Powerplay.

Detroit can't score 5 on 5, they HAVE to be on the PP :puke:

And that's why they are my team. I love their offensive play.

Great and Fisher high-sticked and no call, grrrrrrrr.

And that, my friend, is why you'll never win a cup.

Offense wins "games"

Defense wins championships.

And that, my friend, is why you'll never win a cup.

Offense wins "games"

Defense wins championships.

Except they have the defense too. How else would the forwards have the confidence to go out and take the chance on the short handed efforts? They know they have the D back there to back them up if it doesn't pan out.

I love the defense too, I can't speak highly enough of them. It has showed so many times in the regular season with the Sens, when the D were off their game, the team SUCKED. There were some really bad games along the way simply beacuse Chara was readying himself for the Olympics and didn't want to do too much and be all puffed out or injured.

I can appreciate that the play-off games are a different beast, so much more is on the line, and the chances don't come so often, so you have to play safe. But, I hope the team has learned well enough that the D CAN pick up the pieces.

I know the Devils are all about the D, and this has got them a very long way, a distance the Sens haven't been able travel. That works for the Devils, and I can see their point. But that doesn't work for every team. Has every team that one the Cup been a defence-orientated team?

Detroit in Ot...the beginning of the end for the OILERS...OWNED in 4 i tell ya.... :boogie:

Anaheim/calgary..1-0 in the 2nd..Amonte got the goal i believe...blahh hate both teams, but not enough to watch any of the other garbage on...hmm i guess go flames? the annoy me the least and don't have gi-GAY-r in net..

On a bullsh!t call too, Maltby ran Roloson, and Roloson slashed him with the stick, incidendal minors, but some how the Wings get a power play, and score.

Bergeron got called for roughing on that play as well, which was perfectly legitimate considering he went at Maltby. The Oilers were lucky that slash wasn't a 4 or 5 as it wasn't exactly pretty.

I was critical of the refs in the Oiler-Detroit game but they did a pretty good job all things considered. The call on Shanahan at the end of the 3rd was big.

Edited by Triumph

Oilers are irrelevant...that being said now they will win next game....ah well it gives them hop i suppose, false hope, but still hope :evil:

Detroit in Ot...the beginning of the end for the OILERS...OWNED in 4 i tell ya.... :boogie:

Anaheim/calgary..1-0 in the 2nd..Amonte got the goal i believe...blahh hate both teams, but not enough to watch any of the other garbage on...hmm i guess go flames? the annoy me the least and don't have gi-GAY-r in net..

On the contrary, I think this game favored the Oilers.

1. ) They left Roloson high and dry and he came through for them, this should play heavily as a motivation factor

2.) Oilers, because of their inexperience compared to Detroit's, were probably just feeling the wings out and let them dictate the game. I dont think they will let this happen again as they are surely feeling confident, if it takes Detroit 2OTs to win, the game could've gone either way in OT.

3.) Edmonton is younger and faster team, such long games going into OT surely favors them more.

I feel the next game is crucial. If Oilers pick their game up a couple of notches, which they didnt do tonight, and win the next one, this could definitely go in their favor, perhaps in 6 or 7. If they lose the next one, chances are, wings in 4 or 5.

Ooops sorry, didnt see your next post.

Edited by Anhkheg