An Official Explanation of the TV Schedule

Devilsdude530

I'd like to clarify some things for those who are confused about the television schedule for the Devils-Canes series as a public service to the people who don't know where to find the games. Feel free to sticky it if you like.

Games 1 and 4:

-They are on NBC, and available in HD for both games. Chris Cuthbert, Peter McNab and Cammi Granato will call game 1. Probably Doc and Peter McNab with Cammi/Joe Micheletti for Game 2.

Games 2 and 3:

-They will be televised on OLN and ONLY OLN. NO FSNY for this game. Don't be surprised if you get one of the two Rags announcers like Sam Rosen or Kenny Albert, or the Flyers' Jim Jackson. Pray for Joe Beninati, but probably get an idiot. As far as an analyst, pray for Andy Brickley or Darren Eliot, you'll get another idiot probably as well (Neil Smith). In case you've just gotten OLN, Bill Clement hosts the studio show, which includes a 30-minute postgame, along with a rotating crew of analysts.

Games 5-7:

-Will all be televised by FSN New York. Doc, Chico, Maven, Matt and Al Trautwig will provide coverage. Hockey Night New York Live! immediately follows all 7 games, simulcasted by MSG and FSN NY.

-These games will ar on OLN, but like every game in Round 1, will be blacked out on OLN in the NYC/NJ Metro Area.

Edited by Devilsdude530

This is Doc's contractual order of priorities:

1. NBC

2. Devils

3. OLN

He does OLN when he can. It'll be much easier next year when OLN will have a "Monday Night Hockey" situation where there will be only 1 Game on every Monday of the season, that game will be the Doc/JD (or whoever replaces him when heads to St. Louis) game every week.

Don't be surprised to see him doing Colorado-Anaheim tonight.

Edited by Devilsdude530

Well, Strader and Cuthbert are, and Beninati's getting there.

I have a feeling Joe Beninati will be the #1 guy in the NHL someday. Not after Doc retires, but probly after Strader does, he will.

Kenny Albert and Sam Rosen? pfft. Same for Jack Edwards.

That actually makes me happy that game 2 and 3 are not on FSNY. Now I can get the OLN HD feed so I get the first 4 games in HD!!!

Better hope you don't have Cablevision because I called them today to clarify and there is NO HD for OLN on Cablevision.

Well, Strader and Cuthbert are, and Beninati's getting there.

I have a feeling Joe Beninati will be the #1 guy in the NHL someday. Not after Doc retires, but probly after Strader does, he will.

Kenny Albert and Sam Rosen? pfft. Same for Jack Edwards.

Please. Beninati is awful. Why the dislike for Rosen? He is one of the best announcers. Period. You won't see me ragging on Emrick. He's great too.

I dislike his voice, Rosen. I enjoy the way he calls a game for hockey, but I can't stand him for football.

It's not because he's a Ranger guy. I love JD. I love Howie Rose. I can even sorta stand Jim Jackson of the Flyers.

Derek, Beninati is a young Emrick to me, just with a few more cliches and a less noticable voice.

Please. Beninati is awful. Why the dislike for Rosen? He is one of the best announcers. Period. You won't see me ragging on Emrick. He's great too.

Come on.......Sam seems like a real nice guy, but he cannot hold Emrick's jock.

Oh, I've met Sam he's a wonderful guy. So is Emrick.

We are lucky our play-by-play men in this area are so humble (I've met Howie too, same story) and nice guys.

People like Joe Buck need to be kept out of our sport.

By the way, since I'm on this subject, who here thinks NBC makes Costas work the Stanley Cup Finals?