PETA

XxLancerHockeyxX

I know that some people think that PETA is just a bunch of crazy ass people who have nothing better to do than protest about killing/abusing/testing on animals, but we are more than that. The members of PETA aren't telling to stop eating meat...but to kill the animals in a more humane way.

I think its wrong that baby seals are clubbed in Canada and that innocent animals are captured and skinned to be made into coats. I think if people knew how coats and certain foods were made...you would think twice about buying or eating it.

This video shows how animals are abused and skinned for their fur to make coats. It's simply horrible and its very sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQBQ6h4wSEw

WARNING: Video is graphic.

If you end up watching the video and realizing how horrible it is to do this to innocent animals and you wanna do something about it then you can always join PETA or peta2(PETA's street team) and help out the cause by informing people about how wrong this is.

EDIT: I also hear about that Vick dude who was involved in dog fighting....what an a-hole.

Also, if you're going to be an a$$hole and criticize me than dont bother answering this thread.

Edited by XxLancerHockeyPridexX

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:noclue:

life's a bitch

I wish these people would worry as much about OTHER PEOPLE as they do the creatures of the planet as well

like I said in IM... Veal tastes good... I like Veal... even if I stopped eating Veal people would make Veal, I've never been a fan of fur coats, etc... but if you tell me too that animal testing can cure cancer... then TEST THEM ANIMALS... it may be harsh but we're on top of the food chain for a reason.....

PETA can be a tad extreme. My girlfriend and I are members of the ASPCA and we take in rescued animals alllllll the time. It's the least we could do :-)

Good for you. And yeah I do agree they can be extreme at times but everything with the fur and how KFC treats their chickens, i completely support.

:noclue:

life's a bitch

I wish these people would worry as much about OTHER PEOPLE as they do the creatures of the planet as well

like I said in IM... Veal tastes good... I like Veal... even if I stopped eating Veal people would make Veal, I've never been a fan of fur coats, etc... but if you tell me too that animal testing can cure cancer... then TEST THEM ANIMALS... it may be harsh but we're on top of the food chain for a reason.....

Veal is a baby cow that is put into a small box-like space and its not allowed to move. It's given nutrients and other nasty things to make it fatter than it normally is....that's what you're eating...that's gross.

Most meat carries "nutrients" that make the animals grow quicker and get fatter quicker...they aren't natural and it's madd digusting.

KFC for example gives their chickens these drugs and when they are ready to be killed they hit them with bats and throw them against a wall..when they are dead/unconsious they put them onto conveyers....hanging upside down and slit their throats.

....Now tell me...would you want to die that way?

And as far as testing goes...they test animals...but they do it in a really unhumane way...A recent study of Marlboro shows that they make monkeys,rats,cats,dogs,rabbits,mice and other animals test their cigarettes...

Yum :evil:

If I can eat a hot dog after all the nasty crap they do to them... nothing's gonna change my eating habits

ain't gonna work on me... I fully believe we're all meant to live and die this way for a reason... however I go out.. is however I go out, it's out of my hands at this point... and really who's gonna give a rat's damn what I want at that point?

Yum :evil:

If I can eat a hot dog after all the nasty crap they do to them... nothing's gonna change my eating habits

ain't gonna work on me... I fully believe we're all meant to live and die this way for a reason... however I go out.. is however I go out, it's out of my hands at this point... and really who's gonna give a rat's damn what I want at that point?

Do what you want but you're eating nasty stuff. :yucky:

I love animals like I said... I do anything I can for them. But it comes down the fact that if I don't eat a cheeseburger, the burger doesn't magically turn back into a cow. Red meat and chicken are healthy if you eat the right amount. Without animals being tested and eaten, humans can't function.

But at the same time, my girlfriend and I are driving from Clark, NJ to Allentown, PA Saturday just to pick up a rescued hamster :-)

Do what you want but you're eating nasty stuff. :yucky:

Please.. the stuff I was subjected to as a child when my mother was trying to learn how to cook... it don't bother me none :P

I love animals like I said... I do anything I can for them. But it comes down the fact that if I don't eat a cheeseburger, the burger doesn't magically turn back into a cow. Red meat and chicken are healthy if you eat the right amount. Without animals being tested and eaten, humans can't function.

Bingo... dude says it all right there... perks of being on top of the food chain, I'd see a hundred rabbits get tested on if it cured a disease that my nieces might get... in a heartbeat!!!!

Please.. the stuff I was subjected to as a child when my mother was trying to learn how to cook... it don't bother me none :P

Bingo... dude says it all right there... perks of being on top of the food chain, I'd see a hundred rabbits get tested on if it cured a disease that my nieces might get... in a heartbeat!!!!

...You know we're not directly on top of the food chain...sorry. Guns and other weapons helped us to get there but ya know...if we didnt have that we would be dying left and right. I would love to watch you try and take down a jaguar,cougar,lion,tiger,ocelot,shark,rhino or even an elephant without a weapon...you wouldnt far. :lol:

I love veal and other meats. How can you kill anything in a humane manner anyway? Either way it's gonna die. Some animal wouldn't think twice about being humane if it decided one of us was to be dinner. Survival of the fittest!

Now where can I get me some veal piccata!?

...You know we're not directly on top of the food chain...sorry. Guns and other weapons helped us to get there but ya know...if we didnt have that we would be dying left and right. I would love to watch you try and take down a jaguar,cougar,lion,tiger,ocelot,shark,rhino or even an elephant without a weapon...you wouldnt far. :lol:

Go ask a cougar to develop air travel or send their own into space or sh!t, can a cougar shuck corn? Those animals you mentioned can excel in their environment or habitat but drop one in Times Square...

I love veal and other meats. How can you kill anything in a humane manner anyway? Either way it's gonna die. Some animal wouldn't think twice about being humane if it decided one of us was to be dinner. Survival of the fittest!

An animal defends itself, like a human defends itself. Would you want someone sticking you into a cage and testing you...or ripping your skin off so they can look "good"? Think of the movie Hostel...would you want that to happen to you?

.....I think not.

Our INTELLIGENCE (which is scary with how dumb the species is as a whole) is what got us on top of the food chain... it's not how you win the battle it's being left standing that counts :P

Werd !! B )

How about some bacon with that veal?? mmmmmmm :koolaid:

Our INTELLIGENCE (which is scary with how dumb the species is as a whole) is what got us on top of the food chain... it's not how you win the battle it's being left standing that counts :P

Yeah without your cute little weapons...you wouldnt be standing.

We have guns and other weapons because were at the top, we're not at the top because of the weapons. We're the smarter species and know we had to develop and use weapons to defend ourselves. I doubt we'd be dying left and right.

Edited by sammyk

Yeah without your cute little weapons...you wouldnt be standing.

And you'd not be sitting on your computer crying about the rights of the poor tiger that was about to pounce you and make you an hors d'oeuvre !!! :P

People

Eating

Tasty

Animals

:evil:

We have guns and other weapons because were at the top, we're not at the top because of the weapons. We're the smarter species and know we had to develop and use weapons to defend ourselves. I doubt we'd be dying left and right.

Okay well then go take on one of the animals I just said without and weapons or anything to protect and then come back and tell me how it goes.

People

Eating

Tasty

Animals

Funny....not. This seriously is something I care about and I dont want to be criticized for it. Okay? THANKS.

And that saying has been said by numerous people.

And you'd not be sitting on your computer crying about the rights of the poor tiger that was about to pounce you and make you an hors d'oeuvre !!! :P

People

Eating

Tasty

Animals

AMEN

I'm honestly just personally against hunting defenseless animals in the woods. I don't think humans should disrupt animal's natural habitats.

Okay well then go take on one of the animals I just said without and weapons or anything to protect and then come back and tell me how it goes.

Why? Why does it have to be a "weaponless" fight?

Animals are born with their own weapons, fangs, claws, ability to poison, etc. Humans aren't but were given a bigger brain to learn how to create things to defend themselves. These weapons didn't just magically appear. Since humans were at the top of the food chain they had the ability to think and develop them.

But now see that's cheating.. and frankly... stupid :P... the reason we are on top is we are smarter and adapted our environment to US not us to the environment... so why would you give back the advantage??

Maybe take away the bear's claws and restrain his mouth so he can't bite.. why not take away his advantages too???