TSN video on Rangers "star-filled" lineup

brodeurrocks

"one complaint was that last year the rangers contained too many europeans" ... ... "but now with the arrival of drury and gomes who are both americans proven winners, that will change"

ehm :noclue: what the hell was that coming from?!?

Edited by Swede

"one complaint was that last year the rangers contained too many europeans" ... ... "but now with the arrival of drury and gomes who are both americans proven winners, that will change"

ehm :noclue: what the hell was that coming from?!?

That's where I thought he was going..........I guess he really was.

**LET'S APPEAL TO MORE AMERICANS....WE ARE THE RANGER$**

I absolutely love how Gomez purposely misses the game against New Jersey, but plays in the game a day after and they get shutout to Philadephia. I hope the season treats them no different.

Ditto.

Benendict.

Pound him.

The reality, whether we want to admit it or not is that on paper the Rangers are a better team than last year. I would submit that Gomez by virtue of his 2 Cups and Drury, by virtue of his success nearly everywhere he has played (beginning with the Little League World Series) make them proven winners.

We can get nauseous at the marketing all we want, but the reality is that they have improved in terms of personnel. Of course it remains to be seen if that team performs like the pre-lockout group of stars or takes their play to a higher level. We all know that their defense is suspect, but it still is a better team than last year.

The reality, whether we want to admit it or not is that on paper the Rangers are a better team than last year. I would submit that Gomez by virtue of his 2 Cups and Drury, by virtue of his success nearly everywhere he has played (beginning with the Little League World Series) make them proven winners.

We can get nauseous at the marketing all we want, but the reality is that they have improved in terms of personnel. Of course it remains to be seen if that team performs like the pre-lockout group of stars or takes their play to a higher level. We all know that their defense is suspect, but it still is a better team than last year.

Well put. The reality is also that, because it's the Rangers, people will blast it. My read on it was that Shanahan was basically saying chill out to those planning the parade route.

Well put. The reality is also that, because it's the Rangers, people will blast it. My read on it was that Shanahan was basically saying chill out to those planning the parade route.

Agreed...Rangers fans need to chill out before they start printing "Atlantic Division Champion" shirts. Good thing the games are played on this frozen substance called ice as opposed to the paper the rosters are printed on...

As I said in responce to Tri's preview, I expect the Rangers to be a 4th seed with Pittsburgh winning the division

Agreed...Rangers fans need to chill out before they start printing "Atlantic Division Champion" shirts. Good thing the games are played on this frozen substance called ice as opposed to the paper the rosters are printed on...

As I said in responce to Tri's preview, I expect the Rangers to be a 4th seed with Pittsburgh winning the division

I can see things playing out that way.