Thank You NHL.com For Screwing Up My Order!

DougieBrown

So about two months ago, I ordered a replica #9 Parise jersey from NHL.com. I received the jersey about 3 days prior to opening night, so I was pretty psyched to get it. At opening night, my girlfriend tells me at the end of the first period that the number on the back is peeling off. WTF??? It's my first time wearing it, and the number's falling off? Not good.

So I get home and call NHL.com right away and tell them of my problem. I tell them that I'm really upset, and that I'm returning the jersey and want my money back. So they email me a mailing slip and I send it back to them. About a week later, I get my refund credit to my checking account. End of story, right?

Not so fast. This morning I'm getting ready to start wrapping my Christmas gifts. I start opening all the boxes that I had shipped to me(thank buddah for Amazon), and I notice that inside one of the boxes is a Devils Jersey. Oh f--k! Did I just open a box that was intended for my girlfriend, who ordered me a jersey? No, not the case. Attached to the jersey was the following letter:

"Dear GSI Consumer,

Enclosed is your original order for a NHL Jersey. It has been repaired to your request."

Huh? What request? All I did was return it and ask for my money back. I'm confused. So I read on:

"This was a brand new program that was started this past fall, we had some systems issues that no one anticipated so there were some ordered numbers or letters that didn't transmit correctly to the warehouse for the Customization Group to decorate your order completely. Since, the systems have been corrected and all is well."

Well, I start thinking two things. First, wow, quite a run-on sentence there. Second, are the systems really corrected? You just sent me a repaired jersey that I already got my refund for, that I didn't want repaired. Am I now getting charged for it again? The hell?

So I read the final paragraph:

"However, since this caused you an inconvenience, we apologize and hope you will accept the jersey at no cost to you.

Sincerely,

William Clouse

VP/GM - GSI Customization Group"

WOOHOO!!!! FREE JERSEY!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!!!!

lucky!!!!

Isn't it easier to get it done at the game? drop off the jersey, pick it up after the 1st period (and thats if they are very busy).. at tonights game i bought a white replica and got it customized (Gionta), they were pretty busy so i didn't get it until after the 1st period

Isn't it easier to get it done at the game? drop off the jersey, pick it up after the 1st period (and thats if they are very busy).. at tonights game i bought a white replica and got it customized (Gionta), they were pretty busy so i didn't get it until after the 1st period

• 3 weeks later...