Ty Conklin

brodeurfanatic

I have always liked Conklin, i saw him in an interview a while back and he seemed like someone who was just greatfull for the opertunity he had to play in the NHL, and enjoyed playing hockey.

I thought he would be a good back up for Marty before we signed Weekes.

I've always said that Pittsburgh is a goaltender away from being an odds on Stanley Cup contender. Fleury is not that goaltender. The problem with Fleury is they brought him in too early and placed alot of pressure on him. They will never win a cup with Fleury in net. He cant handle the pressure.

Conklin has had a good run, but I dont see it lasting. If you watch him play he is VERY slow adjusting to the puck, his rebounds are not controlled (directed), he just kinda blocks shots and they fall where they may.

Sure you can look at the high number of saves he had against the Rangers, 43 I believe was the total, but you have to remember this is a talented Rangers team that is NOT scoring right now going up against a back-up goaltender. If you're not scoring goals, and the goaltender you're shooting on is a back-up you throw lots of shots on net. It's not rocket science, ugly goals are goals, and any goals can get the bad juju out of a room.

Over a playoff series I do not see Conklin dominating. By game 2 the other teams top shooters would have him figured out and light him up.