10,000 BC (contains spoiler)

nmigliore

Anyone see it? I thought it was OK, nothing too special.. Seemed like they wanted be like 300 but failed..

/\/\/\/\/ SPOILER BELOW \/\/\/\/\/

If I remember correctly in 300 the main spartan guy throws a spear that cuts the 'God' and proves hes not a God.. well the same thing happens in this movie except the he spears the 'God' through the stomach, and he threw it like in 300.

Edited by nmigliore

Review in local paper:

"Even if this film was only 40 minutes, it would be 3 hours too long. It's absolutely insufferable."

Somehow when I see a review that bad, I kinda want to see the movie... just out of curiosity....

Review in local paper:

"Even if this film was only 40 minutes, it would be 3 hours too long. It's absolutely insufferable."

Somehow when I see a review that bad, I kinda want to see the movie... just out of curiosity....

I'm similar, I never listen to film critics or film reviews, because 9 times out of 10 a film with a bad review is a great movie and a film with a good review is a bad movie.

I'm similar, I never listen to film critics or film reviews, because 9 times out of 10 a film with a bad review is a great movie and a film with a good review is a bad movie.

Use rottentomatoes.com as a good jumping off point for reading reviews and you won't have a 9 times out of 10 being wrong, IMO. Also with so many reviews you can figure out which well reviewed movies won't be for you and which bad rated movies you would still enjoy

I for one, disagree.

The trailers and commercials incorrectly portrayed this movie to be a big gore-fest and action. It had a good, but flawed story. It was clever in its approach and it was refreshing to see something new. I dislike most movie i see but i enjoyed this, wasnt great but it was worth a watch.

I like how they incorporated strange beliefs like they called those mammoths "four legged demons" b/c they didn't know any better.. Some of the little comedic scenes were just stupid though (ie: When he tells the saber-tooth tiger not to eat him)

Edited by nmigliore