Thank You

CMONPETEYD

langs for henrik sedin.

NO!

Devils will be back that is for sure next season and hopefully some better support at the home games for the Devils.

Thanks to all the guys and gals here who have supported the Devils all season and to those that Believed with me that the Devils could win. Just fell short and will be back next season! :koolaid:

CMON CMONBRENT! In case no one has noticed we've been retooling since the lockout! We're on the upswing I feel. This team made the biggest steps forward this year IMO. I felt the real slip was 2004 when the Failures took out the Devils. Everyone was all happy we had teh old reliable - but they weren't reliable not Cheatermayer not Gnomer (thanks CroMag :wub: ) Rafalski no longer fit and didnt deserve what he had to take on.

Everyone stepped up and showed us what they have - sure Gionta and Langs were soso --but it scared the sh!tE out of me they were our go-to guys. I felt with everyone stepping up we really saw the holes this year. No question where the roster holes are - this kind of success while seeking clarity is just unheard of.

AND we've got Sutter. Sutter knows what it is to see an organization in a death spiral! He's a learner and a doer and he's going to GROW this team GROW the VETS! This is a very exciting time.

I was mad at the "think back to when we were losers" threads and posts. But - it's not the LOSING to remember and find a fond acceptance of. It's taking winners and recapturing the excitement of the road up. The fight back - I'd LOVE that for Marty. How do the Devils stay non-jaded? The jade is gone they're a fresh group. i'm very excited about next year and these guys have everything to be proud of.

Jaded fans now... THEM, i can do without :giggle:

PK's 100% right on.

The most important thing about this season was BRENT SUTTER.

He got a year to feel out the team and organization and now has a full off-season to play his attack, consult with Lou for FA's, and develop relationships with the players.

Still the most valuable pick up for the Devils this year, despite the childish whining of some of the "winning season attention span" fans here.

WE WILL BE BACK...... WE WILL RETOOL....

Absolutely yes. We will have about $12M in cap space to play with this time and we can make some noise in FA and trades.

I knew this team would lose in the first round since before the season started (I had a blog about it and started a poll if you want proof lol). At some points it seemed like making the playoffs at all was a stretch, and other times it seemed like losing in the first round was impossible. Still, my prediction was right, but losing to the Rags hurts a lot. The team overachieved for a long time thanks to spectacular play by Marty and timely goal scoring.

We can take the Cup next year with only a couple of additions and subtractions. Let's do it!

You know, among all this negativity that I'm reading, I just want to say one thing everyone should be reminded of.

How many experts (in magazines, online, tv, etv) even picked the Devils to make the playoffs this year? Not many. And if they did, it was as an 8th seed.

Thanks for a great season. To everyone who posts positively on this board, thanks for a great season. Hey, I'm cool with negative comments, but some of them are waaay too extreme.

Let's lose with some class.

Til next year,

- Roland

Agreed. Let's also not forget we've made the playoffs 11 straight years!