Defending Brian Gionta

Hellacious_D

If the Zubrus that showed up in the playoffs was anywhere to be found in the regular season I wouldn't have criticized him half as much. Then again he was erroneously pegged as a top six forward and he's not, nor is he a center. He's a good third line wing at his best.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line guys, Gionta, Clarkson, Zajac and Zubrus better have a better season then what they all had last season which was just terrible. They need to step it up here and with Rolston and Holik being some more leadership here on this team I think they will all have a better season than last.

Zubrus didn't have a great year, but neither did several other Devils. Last season everyone was trying to get used to Sutter's system and things. Zubrus will have a bounceback year this year as will many other players on the team. I'm not saying Zubrus will get 60 points but if he gets atleast 45-50 points i'll be very happy. We made some good additions this offseason and I think we will be at the top of our division next season.

Edited by Prucenterrules