College Football 2008 Thread

Devils Pride 26

Bad news for Ohio St. RB Chris Wells is OUT for Saturday night's game vs. USC with the foot injury.

USC is going to blow out Ohio St. on Saturday night. GO USC!

Got to admire Pete Carrol, but I utterly detest the University of Spoilt Children (USC) and I agree to a certain extent that it's nice to see Ohio State play a real team, on the same thought, when are USC going to join a real conference ? instead of playing in the crap ten ? (pac 10) the other 9 schools are highschool teams ?

Go Buckeyes.

Edited by Neutral Zone Trap

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to admire Pete Carrol, but I utterly detest the University of Spoilt Children (USC) and I agree to a certain extent that it's nice to see Ohio State play a real team, on the same thought, when are USC going to join a real conference ? instead of playing in the crap ten ? (pac 10) the other 9 schools are highschool teams ?

Go Buckeyes.

Don't like either team and just cannot stand Ohio St., so have to go with the Trojans! Sorry there NZT. :P

Don't like either team and just cannot stand Ohio St., so have to go with the Trojans! Sorry there NZT. :P

No problem there SD, I'm not a OSU fan, I'm a Longhorns fan, but you knew that anyway, I just detest USC, but not as much as that fake team/school that plays at South Bend Indiana :puke:

USC destroys Ohio St. 35-3! Good! Glad to see Ohio St. take a huge fall. I hope they drop right out of the top ten now as they should. Statement game for USC and it could have been a lot worse.

The Auburn/Mississippi St. game was one hell of a game with Auburn winning 3-2. :blink: Also Maryland beating California to put the ACC back on the map with huge wins for Maryland, UNC on Thursday night over Rutgers, Florida St., Clemson and Duke all winning big today. Shocked to see ND going 2-0 and beating Michigan as they just kept turning the ball over. It will be a long season for both teams anyway trying to stay around the .500 mark.

USC destroys Ohio St. 35-3! Good! Glad to see Ohio St. take a huge fall. I hope they drop right out of the top ten now as they should. Statement game for USC and it could have been a lot worse.

The Auburn/Mississippi St. game was one hell of a game with Auburn winning 3-2. :blink: Also Maryland beating California to put the ACC back on the map with huge wins for Maryland, UNC on Thursday night over Rutgers, Florida St., Clemson and Duke all winning big today. Shocked to see ND going 2-0 and beating Michigan as they just kept turning the ball over. It will be a long season for both teams anyway trying to stay around the .500 mark.

Give credit to ND. They were going for the ball all game. Clausen looked great with the deep ball today, and it's nice to have 3 strong halfbacks. Long season for ND? :rofl: Keep hating. ND will win at least 8 games this year.

The NCAA has announced that emergency legislation is underway to relegate both the Pac-10 & the Big Ten to Division-2A status ... the USC Trojans are exempted and in all likelihood will seek membership in a legitimate football conference -- e.g., the SEC or the Big 12.

In other breaking news: Oklahoma coach, Bob Stoops is doing his damnest to come up with a big game (BCS), game-plan ... the last time he pulled this off was in 2000, so we'll just have to wait and see ...

• 2 weeks later...
USC loses AGAIN to Oregon St.! Wow! Goodbye #1 for USC. They will not fall that far from #1. Still should be in the top 10.

Which is wrong, they should drop to about #12.

Old Miss drops the Gators in another "upset" 31-30, a blocked extra point being the difference.

This is awesome, lets hope TCU can win sooner than Oklahoma ( not likely)

• 2 weeks later...
Big Game today in the big12, #1 Oklahoma Sooners vs #5 Texas Longhorns, the Red River shootout in Dallas. This game is BIG, National championship implications on the line.

GO #5 Texas Longhorns!!! :boogie::evil:

Just do not like Oklahoma and Stoops.

Another big game with National Championship implications on the line is LSU vs. Florida for the SEC. Hoping for a LSU win over Florida @ the Swamp. Some good games today and tonight.

Another big game with National Championship implications on the line is LSU vs. Florida for the SEC. Hoping for a LSU win over Florida @ the Swamp. Some good games today and tonight.

LSU will destroy Florida.... Go Tigers!!!

yes, for LSU, the Gators are out of the NC picture.

I don't mind LSU, good football program.

LSU will destroy Florida.... Go Tigers!!!

Maybe, don't forget the Gators are at home. I think LSU takes it though.

Congrats, Horns!

I'm an Oklahoma fan and I can't stand Stoops!

Reffs & replay officials screwed both TX & OU all day long ... Big-12 must have borrowed them from the Pop Warner Conference (Pac-10)

All's not lost, Devils play tonight! :dance:

Good man LD, the refs were abysmal today, the first TD for the Sooners was short of the goal line and the Sooners D picked off McCoy in the second half where the Horns put a FG through to make it 30-28 at the time.

A lot of respect for the Oklahoma football program, they are awesome. I don't like Stoops either, he's an arrogant snot, however, he's a brilliant football coach.

Big12>>>>>>>>by a mile SEC.

A lot of respect for the Oklahoma football program, they are awesome. I don't like Stoops either, he's an arrogant snot, however, he's a brilliant football coach.

Big12>>>>>>>>by a mile SEC.

Stoops frustrates the living daylights out of me and as you mentioned, he's got that Spurrier-like arrogance (fake punt in the 3rd) ... if you watch OU play lesser teams, the Sooners (over) celebrate following the most meanial plays, coin flips included -- again, that's a direct by-product of Stoop's arrogance. Additional coaching deficiencies can be seen in OU's special teams play and in the plethora of discipline penalites -- off sides; late hits, etc.

In closing my rant, though Bobby Hull was speaking of Terry Crisp, when it comes to big-game coaching and in-game adjustments, Stoops "Couldn't coach a dog out of a hailstorm with a T-bone steak!"

PS If it wasn't for QB Josh Heupel's perfomance against Fla St. (2000), Stoops would have zero National Titles!

Edited by littleton_devil