New guy from Boston

Hi everyone, I just came across this board and couldn't resist signing up. I grew up in central NJ and I'm a long time Devils fan (since Sean Burke was on the team). In 2003 when we defeated Ottawa in Game 7 of the Conference Finals, my brother and I were one of the few fans who drove up to CAA and camped out in the parking lot overnight to get Stanley Cup tickets. While we only got about an hour of sleep, when the sun came up, we found ourselves #19 and #20 in line. We were able to get tix for Games 2, 5, and 7 and watching our boys raise the cup in our barn was the single greatest moment of my life. I've since moved to Boston, but I still bleed red, white and black (and occasionally green for old time's sake! :boogie: ). My parents still live in Jersey so I bought myself a slingbox and still get to watch almost every game. I'm glad I found this board because it can get lonely rooting for the team away from Jersey. So here's to a having a great season and I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you! :koolaid:

Welcome to the boards! My best friend is a Devils fan that's been displaced to boston, so I'm thinking of hooking him up with a slingbox from my place so he can watch the games, and likewise the greatest moment was watching our boys hoist the cup in CAA in person.

Try not to trip over all the Red Sox fans up there.

Hi everyone, I just came across this board and couldn't resist signing up. I grew up in central NJ and I'm a long time Devils fan (since Sean Burke was on the team). In 2003 when we defeated Ottawa in Game 7 of the Conference Finals, my brother and I were one of the few fans who drove up to CAA and camped out in the parking lot overnight to get Stanley Cup tickets. While we only got about an hour of sleep, when the sun came up, we found ourselves #19 and #20 in line. We were able to get tix for Games 2, 5, and 7 and watching our boys raise the cup in our barn was the single greatest moment of my life. I've since moved to Boston, but I still bleed red, white and black (and occasionally green for old time's sake! :boogie: ). My parents still live in Jersey so I bought myself a slingbox and still get to watch almost every game. I'm glad I found this board because it can get lonely rooting for the team away from Jersey. So here's to a having a great season and I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you! :koolaid:

Nice I live in Hunterdon County.

Hey Cowutpoia. I would absolutely recommend the slingbox. I debated getting NHL Center Ice or the slingbox cause I just couldn't take not being able to see the Devs games. Thinking back on it now, the slingbox was absolutely the right choice. First off, you don't have to drop $150 each year like you do for center ice. But more importantly, Center Ice doesn't guarantee that you can see every Devs game, it doesn't it allow you to watch the pre and post game coverage, and it doesn't always give you the Devils broadcast. It's so much better to be able to listen to Doc, Chico and crew call every game than having to listen to the opposing team's broadcast team.