Attacks Are Starting Again..

DevilMinder

Well DM, you can get add some security to screen everyone who even pings this site for a request or I guess you could move it. Have you thought about hosting your own message board on your own computer? It isn't very hard to set up a server, Apache server is the best there is out there and it is free. The only problem is you would have to keep your computer running 24-7, but it doesn't take a very powerful computer to run these things. A cheap 300 dollar computer could do the trick. Anyhow, that is what I would do if I were to run a huge message board like you do.

I don't think my cable company would appreciate me using 8 gigs of their traffic every month. Then there is the issue of the server, I don't have the resources to make/buy one anyway. I am looking around for shared hosting because in the grand scheme of things this site isn't THAT busy. Most shared hosting plans are adequate and go for 25 and under a month.

I havent been around in awhile. what kind of attacks?

Can you afford 25 bucks a month? If not, maybe you could open a Paypal account or something and some of the members could send some cash your way?? I'm not here all that much but I would gladly throw some bread at you. I love this site