Minnesota Wins The Ncaa

DevilMinder

Don't forget Barry Tallackson who had two goals in the game (1g,1en). Young Devils scored 3 of the five goals!

And great size for all three men...Martin and DeMarchi are both 6-2 and I think Tallackson is like 6-4 or 6-5 (however, a little thin). I think it is DeMarchi who is a senior, so what is next for him? Camp and then maybe Albany if Hale comes along to NJ next season (if healthy)?

And how about that Thomas Vanek kid? Wow! He was awesome...kinda a college basketball reference, but will do here--he (Vanek) looked like a man amongst boys--and he is a freshman! Speaking of, when are college players available for the draft? Can teams draft as early as freshman year athletes?

Thanks!

Go Devils! :evil:

A college player if he is old enough can opt into the Draft before he ever plays a college game. If that does not apply, the rest of them opt in after their freshman year. Which gives them a chance to prove themselves.

Gotcha. Thanks. I sure hope Uncle Lou and the scouting dept have that kid on their radar...every team sure will after the year that kid had. Announcers (color guy on ESPN) mentioned Jagr with regard to reach and hands? I dunno about all that, but...Devils could sure use a natural goal scorer--not sure how he would/might fit into Devils "team-oriented" system...but I am getting ahead of myself!

Thanks again.

Being that we pick 27th with the option of moving up to 23rd switching with St Louis i dont think we have a chance at Vanek, no way he drops below 15th in the first round.

Really? Huh. I thought maybe late first. Oh well. Nevermind then.

Thanks again for the info...

(I love that smiley icon!)