Lowell Clear Day

titans04

It's a given the list doesn't mean a whole lot and there's ways to work around everyhting, but I thought it was strange that Swift was left off and Vrana was put on. Are they really expecting him to be available?

=================================================================

===========

Scott Clemmensen (G)

Jeff Frazee (G)

Nicklas Bergfors

Matthew Corrente

Patrick Davis

Jon DiSalvatore

Tyler Eckford

Mark Fraser

Stephen Gionta

Matt Halischuk

Jay Leach

Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond

Olivier Magnan

Rod Pelley

Pascal Rheaume

Rosario Ruggeri

Matthew Spiller

Barry Tallackson

Alexander Vasyunov

Petr Vrana

Chad Wiseman

Vladimir Zharkov

=================================================================

================

Left off current roster: (but in house?)

Caruso

Mills - another surprising one to me

Murphy

Swift

Cormier

Cohen

Edited by titans04

It means that if the guys on this list are healthy they have to play before guys left off the list can. Call-ups, injuries and suspensions are the exceptions. College guys or guys out of Jr's can still be signed and added to the list after if they sign contracts. I think right off the bat, Rheaume, Wisemen and Vrana are all out injured (at least I think they are) so Swift, Mills and Murphy will probably still stay in the lineup.

I thought Vrana was done for the year but if that was the case they would be dumb to list him. Anyway there are several ways around the list as I mentioned about. Obviously whatever happens in Newark injury wise will change the status of what goes on in Lowell with their clear list.

In house is a term they use for the guys that are initially left off the list but are likely to see playing time. Some AHL teams keep more than others in house. Some teams send most of them down to their affiliate or whatever ECHL/IHL team own their rights, in this case most likely Cohen and Caruso head to Trenton at some point. It's a little tricky with the ECHL having such a tight roster size limit and salary cap.

Edited by titans04

"I thought Vrana was done for the year but if that was the case they would be dumb to list him."

Actually, it's smart to list guys who are out for the year on the clear day list. If you have enough of them, you're automatically in "emergency conditions" and then can move anyone in and out of the lineup as you see fit.

Question: I remember a couple years ago, teh Devils drafted a kid out of LA named TJ Miller (I think that was his name). Anyone know what happened to him?