EXPECT TO 'C' LANGENBRUNNER IN GAME 6

RSC

Fair enough, but I still hate seeing Zubrus killing Elias' line, and would hate to see Rollie play 4th line minutes...

I agree, its a real pain in the a$$. Nevertheless, Zubrus is still probably better than Rolston on that line. Rolston has to do something on the PP. If he starts doing things, then maybe we start talking about bumping him up.

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2009/04...g-tomorrow.html

Devils coach Brent Sutter said the final decision won't be made until Sunday, but it appears captain Jamie Langenbrunner will return to the lineup for Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals against the Carolina Hurricanes at RBC Center.

Langenbrunner has missed the last three games with a lower-body injury.

By mid-way through this morning's practice, Langenbrunner was back skating with his usual line with Zach Parise and Travis Zajac.

"The way I went on the line (in practice), I would imagine that I'm playing tomorrow," Langenbrunner said. "But [sutter will] make that final decision and it depends on if I respond well again today, I guess."

Sutter cautioned against assuming that Langenbrunner will play in Game 6.

"We'll see tomorrow," Sutter said. "The decision will be made tomorrow."

Sutter admited Langenbrunner looked good in practice.

I know it wasn't up to us, maybe I should have said it differently... has the Staal line regularly been playing against our 2nd line?

yes, he has, in both games at carolina staal was put out against zubrus.

it's very clear that elias is not going to play center this year.