Tickets from ebay,stubhub,scalpers

peterstastny

wow.. that's pretty funny how you try to disprove my "i have been going to games" argument by saying "i have been going to the games since '87" - LMAO that was pretty comical, borderline insane (literally)

either way I have been going to the games b4 '87 for whatever it is worth.

I wasn't arguing that made my point better, I was saying you bringing it up as part of your point was worthless.

b/c right now 5000 people are buying tickets from scalpers rather then the box office. and the box office has plenty of tickets left.

True, but the scalpers bought the tickets from the Devils so either way they are selling the same 5,000 tickets.

no they would be selling 5000 more tickets from the box office, and the game would acutally be sold out.

Are you arguing for cheaper box office prices? I would agree in theory, but wouldn't the brokers just grab those cheaper tickets anyway and you'd be left with the same problem on the secondary market?

I think our friend the n00b is trying to say that it's not enough that the scalpers are taking a small loss on this series. He seems to be saying that they should take a total loss unless there's an actual sellout; that is, no one should ever buy tickets from scalpers until the box office runs out of tickets. The flaw in that logic is two-fold. First, the existence of scalpers doesn't necessarily hurt the team. Those tickets are sold regardless of whether they end up in fans' hands directly or they go through a middleman first. Second, there's a bigger chance that the average fan will be priced out of the arena. Sure, the scalpers have to take a loss on this series just to move product, but if the Devs were playing someone like the Rags or the Flyers, the scalpers would be pulling money in hand over fist. Can you imagine how much tickets are going for?

I think our friend the n00b is trying to say that it's not enough that the scalpers are taking a small loss on this series. He seems to be saying that they should take a total loss unless there's an actual sellout; that is, no one should ever buy tickets from scalpers until the box office runs out of tickets. The flaw in that logic is two-fold. First, the existence of scalpers doesn't necessarily hurt the team. Those tickets are sold regardless of whether they end up in fans' hands directly or they go through a middleman first. Second, there's a bigger chance that the average fan will be priced out of the arena. Sure, the scalpers have to take a loss on this series just to move product, but if the Devs were playing someone like the Rags or the Flyers, the scalpers would be pulling money in hand over fist. Can you imagine how much tickets are going for?

Strangely enough, when the Devs/Rags met I made a ton scalping some extras I bought to the season closing game between the 2 but next to nothing on scalping the playoff ones, and that was with the season ticket holder discount built in.