Checking The Sens

Have Another Donut

Checking the Sens

Although they are subject to change, Ottawa's lines are Vaclav Varada, Radek Bonk and Marian Hossa; Mike Fisher, Todd White and Daniel Alfredsson; Peter Schaefer, Smolinksi and Martin Havlat; Magnus Arvedson, Shaun Van Allen and Chris Neil.

Based on that I think you want Madden

SENS forwards don't play on any particular lines, Besides Fisher is a center, so he can play on any line, Smolinski also plays any position up front. The only consistent line mates so far has been Tod White and Alfredsson. Your top two guys are going to see a lot of Chara and Redden - the SENS defence is probably one of the most deepest defence in the league

According to you, sens4ever, who are our top 2 guys? I'm not so certain of that distinction myself with regard to the Devils. Elias hasn't been scoring like a top line player but Madden has. Langenbrunner has been putting in goals but Nieuwendyk and Friesen haven't. Marshall's gotten a few goals on Gomez setups, but thats only recently. Who exactly does your team concentrate on? Granted you guys are deep, but the fact of the matter is we're a team that doesn't depend on any one line any more than you guys do. Heck, even Pandolfo pulled off a huge move on a breakaway in the first round. Gionta's got moves too if he can stand up for more than ten seconds at a time. Brylin's always a threat of sorts. Who do you guys concentrate on? Goals in this series are gonna be tough to come by on both sides. We're used to that.

At this point I would say the top two guys for the devils are Madden and Langenbrunner. I am not discounting Friessen, Gomez, Elias, Nieuwendyk, or brylin. what I mean is; guys who can score a goal every game if you are not careful. I don't mean guys who can chip in here and there once in a while. In terms of match up, its hard to tell at this point because other than Madden and Langenbrunner, I don't see anyone else who is very hot right now. Besides, I think the flyers team was a very deep team up front - deeper than the devils. Just think of it: Primeau, Amonte, Roenick, Rechi, Gagne, Kapanen, LecLair, Handzus, Lapointe - That is real depth, if any team can stop that, then I think you have to give credit to their defense. In my opinion, Detroit seems to be the only team deeper up front than the Flyers. But its all on paper of course

Elias, Nieuwendyk, and Friesen are dangerous players. Elias and Nieuwendyk are very clearly able to score a goal a game if you're not careful of them. Friesen and Brylin can score a goal every other game if your'e not careful. The Flyers were a ridiculously deep team up front, but somehow they had even more trouble scoring goals than we did this season. I attribute that to a lack of chemistry. Also, many of their players appear to be past their prime: Recchi, Amonte and even Leclair who hasn't done anything of note in a few years. Lapointe isn't a "dangerous" player per se. He's more of a gritty player who'll chip in the goal if you're not paying him attention. Kinda like Brylin. The only player on the Devils who may be over the hill is Nieuwendyk and as a Cornell fan, I can't possibly believe that will ever be true ;)

The other thing is that for the most part Madden and Langenbrunner play on different lines and thats not including the Gomez-Elias line. So by your definition we've got three lines you need to worry about. I think I can say the same for the Sens. It'll be a tough matchup, but as per my old superstition: SENS IN FIVE!!!!

NewarkDevil5

I am not prepared to call this one either untill I see the first game, because the two teams are evenly matched, everything is the same except that you guys have a better goalie. The key to winning this series will be offense, because both teams protect the lead very well. Even though I think we may have a slight edge in offense, the devils have the edge in goal. I don't know how physical the devils are but, the SENS can be very physical if they have to. This is a whole different team, therefore I can't say how they'll match up against the devils, but it is definitly better than any other Ottawa team you ever played against - this is the best we've ever had.