NASCAR 2009 Season Thread - Jimmie Johnson wins 4 straight

Anyone a fan? I've been watching it all of my life, finally attended my first race at Bristol this year and it was a blast. I definitely recommend making the trip out there if you get the chance.

Kyle Busch has been on fire this season so far winning a bunch of races in all of the series, Sprint Cup / Nationwide Series and Camping World Trucks.

Kyle swept both races this weekend at Richmond in the Sprint and Nationwide series.

Who are your favorite and most hated drivers? Tony Stewart is my favorite and I like Kyle Busch (I like his win or it doesn't matter attitude) I only have a handful of guys I don't like. Dale Jr being tops on that list cause I'm sick of getting him forced down our throats when he stinks the majority of the time. He has had an awful start to the season.

Edited by Satans Hockey

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow you went to Bristol! I've always wanted to go there.

Mb and I have been to Dover quite a few times. Always a fun weekend.

I'm a big Mark Martin guy. Love how he's consistent, and a great, clean driver (though I have wished a few times when he's in 2nd on the last lap to spin the guy out in front of him!). The old man knows how to race. I'm so glad he won at Phoenix this year.

2nd favorite would be Jeff Gordon. 3rd Jeff Burton.

I hate Tony Stewart, Kyle Busch, Matt Kenseth, Ryan Newman, Robby Gordon, Kasey Kahne, and Denny Hamlin.

How about that crash last week. :o I love how Carl Edwards pulled a Ricky Bobby to cross the finish line by foot!!!

Cool thread. Different.

Edited by Cracker5

Wow you went to Bristol! I've always wanted to go there.

Mb and I have been to Dover quite a few times. Always a fun weekend.

I'm a big Mark Martin guy. Love how he's consistent, and a great, clean driver (though I have wished a few times when he's in 2nd on the last lap to spin the guy out in front of him!). The old man knows how to race. I'm so glad he won at Phoenix this year.

2nd favorite would be Jeff Gordon. 3rd Jeff Burton.

I hate Tony Stewart, Kyle Busch, Matt Kenseth, Ryan Newman, Robby Gordon, Kasey Kahne, and Denny Hamlin.

How about that crash last week. :o I love how Carl Edwards pulled a Ricky Bobby to cross the finish line by foot!!!

Cool thread. Different.

Ya Bristol is great, there isn't a bad seat in the place. How was Dover? I'm thinking about heading down there at the end of the month.

I like Mark, I'm actually hoping he can pull out a championship win because he deserves it. If he keeps it up he should be in the top 12 to make the chase.

I like Jeff Gordon too just because he is such a great driver, the guy is usually at least in the top 10 every week. I hate R. Gordon though too lol that guy always seems to be involved in a wreck every single week yet manages to keep a deal.

That crash was great but a little blown out of proportion, I'm getting tired of fox/speed talking about. If Newman didn't hit him before the car came down it would have just been a simple crash. Carl was amusing though. I don't like the double yellow line rule and I wish Nascar would change it, that whole situation could have been avoided if they could have went down below that line.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Dover rocks... but unless you're fine with dumping a nice piece of change, it'll take you a few years to get a good seat. After about 7 years of Dover, we got seats in the middle, 25 rows up from the S/F line. Amazing. The area is great, it's by no means in "nowhere, Delaware"-- there's plenty of malls, and PLENTY of Hotels (which is a plus).

And yeah, I'm a huge Gordo fan. Always have been, and will be 'till his retirement. After that, I'll probably go with Jimmy, unless there's another driver that sparks my interest in the next 5-10 years.

Actually this year NASCAR is having problems selling out places, there are still Dover tix available on their website. Same thing happened with Bristol, I ended up getting a $85 ticket off stubhub, which included all of Saturdays(the Nationwide race, practices, qualifying) and Sundays Sprint race. It was a steal, especially cause I didn't pay for parking cause they had a free lot there. This is a good year to get out to the tracks with tickets being available almost everywhere.

It was pretty sweet. My fav. Stewart almost pulled it off but Johnson clearly had the best car all day and deserved to win. It was an awesome finish. The truck race and nationwide race saturday were pretty good as well, they both had exciting finishes. I have some pics ill post whenever I get around to it. Dover is an amazing place to watch a race though. I def. suggest going there if you get the chance.