Zach Parise Autograph Signing

mac760

I don't think some people understand the good thing about autograph signing. Yes i know you're paying for autographs but its a great opportunity to get like a stick or an obscure item signed. As for a collector like me i enjoy autograph shows and conventions. see you there

Wow $50. Just wait outside of the Prudential Center after a game and get an autograph for free.

Next game I'll be sure to have my game used sticks and gloves handy to be able to do that. :rolleyes:

estreet nails it in the above post. Pay signings are good for those of us who have unique or bigger items we would like a nice bold auto on that we can't take with us to a game and wait outside with.

Edited by SJP20

Next game I'll be sure to have my game used sticks and gloves handy to be able to do that. :rolleyes:

estreet nails it in the above post. Pay signings are good for those of us who have unique or bigger items we would like a nice bold auto on that we can't take with us to a game and wait outside with.

On this line I also have little desire to stand outside on a cold night in the hope of getting the player I want to autograph whatever item I want autographed. There is something nice about an indoor autograph session utilizing a table no less.

Ken, I completetly understand your point of view on this and I have told you this in the past but Parise is the exception to the rule in my mind. I have gotten Zach outside of the Rock several times, including on some larger, more valuable items and only once I have I gotten a bum autograph from him. Even then, the fault lies with a brand-new leaky paint pen rather than Parise. Fortunately, I was able to remove the excess paint and the picture looks near perfect. This is it before I finished removing the large pool of silver next to the 9:

DSC02436.jpg

Edited by BCdevil

BC, that auto looks great, good job!

Since practices aren't open to the public any longer, i can't lug the equipment (or pucks, programs, etc.) down to Newark like i used to be able to do at Codey/SMA. I am sure it's no problem taking a puck, program or cards out back and waiting at the Rock as it's done all the time with success.

I spent 20 years amassing autos at SMA and a majority of autos i got outside or inside over that time came out great on sticks, equipment, pucks and yearbooks, cards ETC. There are ones that were "hurried" b/c of crowds or smudged, etc., but that just goes with the territory.

However, present day, my collecting focus has changed regarding autos especially when it comes to certian items. I want those items to be signed in an environment where the auto will come out bold and crisp which is why i go to the pay signings. I'll go to the STH signing and stuff like that, but it'll be with items i'm not as obsessively wanting perfect autos on.

BC, that auto looks great, good job!

Since practices aren't open to the public any longer, i can't lug the equipment (or pucks, programs, etc.) down to Newark like i used to be able to do at Codey/SMA. I am sure it's no problem taking a puck, program or cards out back and waiting at the Rock as it's done all the time with success.

I spent 20 years amassing autos at SMA and a majority of autos i got outside or inside over that time came out great on sticks, equipment, pucks and yearbooks, cards ETC. There are ones that were "hurried" b/c of crowds or smudged, etc., but that just goes with the territory.

However, present day, my collecting focus has changed regarding autos especially when it comes to certian items. I want those items to be signed in an environment where the auto will come out bold and crisp which is why i go to the pay signings. I'll go to the STH signing and stuff like that, but it'll be with items i'm not as obsessively wanting perfect autos on.

Like I said, I understand and respect that. I just wanted to let people know that when it comes to Zach, unlike most other stars these days, you don't need to shell out serious cash to get a good autograph.

I'm a huge autograph collector, but have yet to stand outside the Rock to wait on graphs. What time would the players show up on a saturday morning?

BC, great Parise you have. I got a 8x10 signed. I wish I could make it to the signing as I would like to have a puck signed, but being that I'm from the Bronx and don't own a car, it would be a hard commute for me from NYC and I'm not sure if there is even public trans to the location.

I'm a huge autograph collector, but have yet to stand outside the Rock to wait on graphs. What time would the players show up on a saturday morning?

BC, great Parise you have. I got a 8x10 signed. I wish I could make it to the signing as I would like to have a puck signed, but being that I'm from the Bronx and don't own a car, it would be a hard commute for me from NYC and I'm not sure if there is even public trans to the location.

Thanks, ZP's a great signer. If he stops, he will usually sign for everyone who wants one and, as I said, the 12x18 that I showed is just about the worst thing that I have gotten from him, which obviously is saying something. As far as a Saturday morning, I am not sure because I usually go after the games. I have never been able to get a good grasp on how early they show up for practices or morning skates.

Ken, I completetly understand your point of view on this and I have told you this in the past but Parise is the exception to the rule in my mind. I have gotten Zach outside of the Rock several times, including on some larger, more valuable items and only once I have I gotten a bum autograph from him. Even then, the fault lies with a brand-new leaky paint pen rather than Parise. Fortunately, I was able to remove the excess paint and the picture looks near perfect. This is it before I finished removing the large pool of silver next to the 9:

DSC02436.jpg

Dang, I remember that! I was standing next to you when he signed it. You cleaned that up beautifully! There really was a massive pool of silver ink, I thought it was ruined for good!

And all the previous posters saying Zach is a great signer are 100% correct. Even his free autographs are awesome and he is a great guy! Here's a couple of items he signed for my daughter

Parise05-06UDVictoryRCautoToEmma.jpg

ParisephotoToEmma.jpg

I actually tried calling today and no one picked up

Just got off the phone with them a second ago. The guy I talked to was super nice. Basically, if you can he suggests going in advance (Fri/Sat) to purchase a ticket (ticket meaning the $50 cost up front) so everything moves along quicker on Sunday. He assured me that 70% of people coming will purchase theirs on Sunday and it won't be a problem if I do too, but it will most likely take a bit longer to get your turn just from all the people having to buy tickets day of.

He said that Zach will stay and sign for every single person no matter what though.