Wheeling trade d-man to Trenton

titansman

Somebody has to go one way or the other roster wise. From what I remember of him last season in Elmira he was just ok which makes him one of the better ones here. Wouldn't miss Lucyk, Wessbecker, Burnett or Pender imo. No mention of anybody going the other way in the trade at this point. Probably a bag of pucks, Tomko didn't play his first game of the season until 11/13.

Anyway nice to see them trying to at least bring in some new blood.

Edited by titans04

Somebody has to go one way or the other roster wise. From what I remember of him last season in Elmira he was just ok which makes him one of the better ones here. Wouldn't miss Lucyk, Wessbecker, Burnett or Pender imo. No mention of anybody going the other way in the trade at this point. Probably a bag of pucks, Tomko didn't play his first game of the season until 11/13.

Gord Burnett is back with the T-Devs?

I gotta remember to be on the lookout for a jersey of his at next year's draft party.

I kinda like Burnett, I dont know why, its guaranteed he will have a bad penalty, a number of times Kowalsky has lasered a death look into Burnetts back, but I still kinda like him. Your right though, someones got to go, too many d-men on the roster.

Well that's the thing, they didn't want a seperate identity - they wanted a shared Devils identity across the board, ostensibly to grow the fanbase and - mostly - so players would be "a Devil" at whatever level they were at in the Org.

I'm not sure how providing Trenton a barebones operating budget was going to accomplish that. In contrast, simply because it's Flyer country more than anyone else, they had to spend *more*. They had a golden opportunity as after the Titans won the Kelly Cup the former ownership looked at all the dough they spent travelling to Alaska and Florida in the last two rounds and went 'holy crap, we gotta cut spending' so they got an also-ran coach (to be kind), also-ran players, and did squat all summer advertising they just won a title. People were dissillusioned about the organization getting cheap.

The Devils promised great things when they rode into town, and now things are worse than they ever were under the Titans. Barely any promotions (and those we have were announced earlier in DECEMBER), begging STH's to buy more tickets (albeit the latest is a good one but they're still milking the STH base), still have no idea if we're getting an STH gift and am fairly certain the media guide has bitten the dust. The PA announcer we're stuck with is beyond a joke (though I guess he misses the Titans too as he once introduced the team as the Titans...). The front offfice seems less than excited, but since they've got little to work with I can't blame them. Even the internet radio broadcasts barely function half the time. And the stupid arena board outside still isn't working (that's an arena and not Devils issue but is indicative of the general situation).

As can be inferred by my ID, I've been a Devils fan a long time. I'm not just a "Trenton hockey" fan, I'm a dyed in the wool Devils fan. I'll be going to games in Trenton until they turn out the lights. But I'm beyond disappointed in the way the Devils have handled things down here. I used to wonder at the competence of the folks working down here, but more and more I think they're getting less and less to work with both in cash and freedom to do different things.

Really though, it can all be summed up in this: Look at the standings, and know things are going better ON the ice, than they are OFF.

For now it looks like we're not going to shed any of them. Amazing timing on the 21 day injuries being there's no limit to the amount of players on that list. At a minimum Coutu is out tomorrow,

12/16

Trenton:

Delete Gord Burnett, D placed on the 21-day IR

Delete Justin Coutu, D placed on the 3-day IR

Delete John Wessbecker, D transferred to the 21-day IR