It May Be Asking A Lot

hockeygal109

Heh.. I got some of everyone it turns out:

http://24.168.17.81:1940/misc/Ducks-4/tivo-stretch.jpg

no Tverdovsky pics in the post-Cup ones (he musta been the ones who blurred out (lost a COOL Nieuwendyk one that way too).. but there

are some good ones in there, esp of Schwab, Stevenson and Daneyko for the others:

http://24.168.17.81:1940/misc/post-Cup/

Thank you, ESB! That will be great :)

I agree it wasn't his best year, but I think the head injury/illness, the minimal ice time, and the completely new system were all factors in his lack of production. When he's got it all together, he really is fun to watch.

It's my pleasure. For a word person, I sure am visually inclined. I can't get ENOUGH of these photos.

I hate to put Olie in the classification of Europeans who are just content enough making a living as professional hockey players and being away from what they dealt with at home.

He's got such a GREAT talent and he could be a Niedermayer-type if he just put all the pieces of the game together. This season, there would be a great game, and then it would be followed by an awful game.

I really like him. I hope they don't give up on him cause the salary's high by our distinction. But I think they wanted to see a bit more from him.

We'll never know about all that injury stuff. I'm just glad he got a Cup and he was key to an important win en route to it.

Heh.. I got some of everyone it turns out:

http://24.168.17.81:1940/misc/Ducks-4/tivo-stretch.jpg

no Tverdovsky pics in the post-Cup ones (he musta been the ones who blurred out (lost a COOL Nieuwendyk one that way too).. but there

are some good ones in there, esp of Schwab, Stevenson and Daneyko for the others:

http://24.168.17.81:1940/misc/post-Cup/

Thanks, Crasher! Those were fun to go through!

No pictures from me but a report, one of the regulars over on the Devs ESPN board (biskitt) was at a West Orange bar last night & many of the Devs were there with the Cup, and their families. It has some Oleg details as well for the Oleg fan:

The only players who werent there was

Marty, Scott Stevens, Dano, Rupp, Brylin, Rafalski, Rheaume, and Bicek.

All the other guys were there with there wives or girlfriends. Some of them were there with thier parents. I know Scott Gomez was there with his honey and his parents. I think Colin White's dad was there. John Madden was flying solo and so was Nieds. Brian Gionta was there was there with his wife (yes he is VERY small). Langs was hanging out with Joey and his wife. Turner Stevenson and Jim McKenzie are the nicest guys you could meet. Jeff Friesen would talk to you about anything, he was hanging out drinking with Colin White. Patrik Elias is a super nice guy and very very shy. Pando was sporting the Boston hat. I asked him if he would ever convert to the Yankees, and he said NEVER. John Madden is a really funny guy, he has the whole NJ attitude and fits in perfect. Bill Murray was there wearing the ring the Devils got in 2000, the ring is HUGE!!!

Every once in awhile Oleg would look at the cup and just stare at it in amazement. Turner Stevenson was showing him where there names were going to be engraved on the cup and telling him how long there names would be on the cup before that ring was retired to the Hall of Fame. Oleg got a big smile on his face and started laughing when he found out it would be on the cup for 65 close to 65 years.

It was also great just to look at the cup and be able to touch it and see the names of past great players who have held chalice before. It really is amazing when you think of the past players who have won the cup. But it was really special to be standing two feet away from the cup, in the same room with the guys who won the cup the night before and had the arena rocking. What fans of other sports can say that?

Thank you, ESB!  That will be great   :)

I agree it wasn't his best year, but I think the head injury/illness, the minimal ice time, and the completely new system were all factors in his lack of production.  When he's got it all together, he really is fun to watch.

It's my pleasure. For a word person, I sure am visually inclined. I can't get ENOUGH of these photos.

I hate to put Olie in the classification of Europeans who are just content enough making a living as professional hockey players and being away from what they dealt with at home.

He's got such a GREAT talent and he could be a Niedermayer-type if he just put all the pieces of the game together. This season, there would be a great game, and then it would be followed by an awful game.

I really like him. I hope they don't give up on him cause the salary's high by our distinction. But I think they wanted to see a bit more from him.

We'll never know about all that injury stuff. I'm just glad he got a Cup and he was key to an important win en route to it.

Going through the photos I found was the only thing I got accomplished yesterday. It's a good thing my boss doesn't check on me too often.

He takes his game and his play very seriously. When he doesn't play well, he knows it and takes it personally, which usually ends up in him pushing too hard to fix what was wrong in the first place. And that in turn, makes things worse. I've seen the flashes of brilliance and honestly wish he'd had a better year this year. If Lou keeps him around, I think we'll all see what he's capable of.

Thanks, Crasher!  Those were fun to go through!

Thanks :) .. I keep finding myself going back to just look and see what ALL the players are doing on the ice.. it's kinda like my own version of where's waldo !!

Though Tverdovsky looks STRANGELY like Sykora with hair :P

Thanks :) .. I keep finding myself going back to just look and see what ALL the players are doing on the ice.. it's kinda like my own version of where's waldo !!

Though Tverdovsky looks STRANGELY like Sykora with hair :P

Thanks for passing on that story, Sue! It really is cool to hear about. I can't even fathom being in that room.

As for Tverdovsky, sometimes he REALLY looks like Sykora and sometimes he REALLY doesn't. It's weird.

Me too re: looking at the photos. I can't stop and I can't get enough. And I still haven't touched down on ground yet.

ANY JIMBO PICTURES? Did he even touch the cup? lol :P

That is a great story Sue. I wonder if that guy knew they'd be at a bar or just stumbled into it. Imagine going out for a drink and there are the Devils and the Cup! So people have all the luck. :D

Does anyone know what the name of the bar is? :mellow: I bet it has loads of Devs memorabilia.