Devils Sign 42-year-old Larionov

Rock

I'm sure there are a few others, but this very second I can only think of one other #25 offhand (well he wore it when he was with us anyway) :lol:

Yeah, he's #44 now.

But what I mean is, isn't Nieuwy the player most associated with #25 around the league? I know there are others, like Damphousse and, I think, LeCavelier (sp?), and what's his face in Philly - the big guy. Maybe it's just my prejudice showing.

Actually Lecavalier wears #4, Andreychuk wears #25 for Tampa.

I took a cursory look through a few of the rosters on ESPN (granted that's not a good barometer since the numbers aren't current and they list double numbers on occasion), because they do have the players' uniform numbers listed next to their names.

I don't think it's your imagination. So far the most high profile #25 I found is Hal Gill (or Darren McCarty, depending on your POV), other than Damphousse and Primeau who you mentioned (Philly).

Lou did it and it was a great move because he is a center, cheaper and durable.

Lat's give it a chance. The Devils didn't really need to do anything so this has to be a plus and a positive move for Lou.

If he turns out to be a bad choice it didn't cost much and won't hurt the team offensively.

This is still a defensive team with a strong influx of defensive minded coaches and GM that jas won them 3 Cups in 9 years.

If you want a highly offensive team you must pick another NHL team.