Fedorov Looking To Leave Detroit?

Yeah, I suck

Fedorov looking to leave Detroit?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=7651

tsn.ca Staff

10/9/2002

Viktor Fedorov, father of Red Wings' star Sergei Fedorov, says this will probably be his son's last season in Detroit.

"Whether or not Sergei plays for Detroit next season doesn't depend on my son, it's totally up to the Detroit management," Viktor Fedorov was quoted as saying by Sport-Express newspaper on Wednesday.

"But so far I'm pessimistic (that he will stay in Detroit) -- the Red Wings are long used to saving money on Sergei."

Fedorov is in the final year of a six-year $38 million contract and will become an unrestricted free agent next summer. At 32, Fedorov still has lots of good hockey ahead of him.

"I recall a (similar) story five years ago when they simply provoked Sergei to go on strike," his father said.

"Will history repeat itself? So far, the club bosses are not holding any contract discussions with my son, which is strange. So any talk in the local Detroit media that the club has offered him a four-year $40 million deal is sheer nonsense."

Earlier this year, the elder Fedorov urged his son to leave the Red Wings. Fedorov also criticised former Red Wings coach Scotty Bowman for playing his son on defence during powerplays.

Fedorov was voted the NHL's Most Valuable Player in 1994 and helped Detroit win the Stanley Cup in 1997, 1998 and 2002.

This is fun :wave:

Elias-Lecavalier-Fedorov

Gionta-Fedorov-Gomez

Elias-Niewendyk-Fedorov

Berglund-Gomez-Fedorov

btw, I don't think there's any way Detroit is going to let him go.

blackjack,

are you suggesting we clone a few of our players (does this mean if we clone Elias twice we have to pay each of his clones his salary)?

ps - are you planning on getting Lou fired so we can sign Fedorov?