Roberto Loungo

devilsrule33

Hands down I think he deserves the Vezina. I have watched his past few games and I feel he is playing like the best goalie in the league. He faces almost double the shots Marty does and is just great. People don't realize when the Panthers lose 3-2 that he makes 42 saves or so.

If the Panthers can make a playoff run he deserves the Hart.

Loungo's 15 wins, 21 losses, 10 ties, sub average GAA of 2.43 with a good .931 save% doesn't scream Vezina to me. Sorry. More shots face doesn't equal squat in my book with out the "W's" with them to back'em up.

And the Hart will go to Kovalchuk. None have been more important to a club then his play with all that's happened to the Thrashers.

Do you watch anything other then NJ hockey, it is becoming apparent that you don't. Luongo faces about seven two on ones or breakaways per game. To say he isn't that good is pathetic in its own right. The guy is amazing. 3 or 4 goals a game? He has a 2.43 GAA with a .931 SV% on an absolute horrible team.

Well, Jason, you tout your "expertise" on NJ as well, and assuming you watch the games, it makes your blindness even scarier as you have no idea what's going on. You should work for ESPN -- you can jump on the bandwagon of a media darling for a couple of months as it suits you, ignore established veterans and throw around the words Vezina and Hart like they were "player of the week awards."

Save percentage means very little to me as it does not account for the quality of shots. I'm sure Luongo is a top ten goaltender in the league, but I wouldn't go giving him his meal ticket to the hall-of-fame yet.

And when you start losing an argument, it's best not to question your opponent'(s) knowledge of the subject matter as it will only lead to your further embarassment.

I suppose last season, we should have traded Martin Brodeur for "Jiggy," yes?