Trenton Training Camp Roster

TrentonPwnedFlorida

Here

DEFENSEMEN (6)

*Matt Cohen, *Ryan Gunderson, *Jay Holladay, Jay Pemberton, Evan Shaw, Stephen Wood

FORWARDS (10)

*Eric Castonguay, Marty Doyle, Jim Henkel, *Trevor Kell, Andrew Leach, Beau McLaughlin, *Brad Mills, *Jason Paige, John Toffey, *Tony Zancanaro

GOALTENDERS ©

David Caruso, Anthony Felice, *Jason Smith

Looks pretty good! Now I just hope Lowell sends down Leblond

Are you kidding me?

Gunderson, Holladay, Leach, McLaughlin and Toffey are brutal look at their numbers.

Marty Doyle eh, Zancanaro eh.

Also Caruso was called up to Lowell earlier today.

10/05/2007 Dave Caruso (G) Lowell Added

10/05/2007 Frank Doyle (G) Lowell DEL Recalled from loan by New Jersey (NHL)

Here

DEFENSEMEN (6)

*Matt Cohen, *Ryan Gunderson, *Jay Holladay, Jay Pemberton, Evan Shaw, Stephen Wood

FORWARDS (10)

*Eric Castonguay, Marty Doyle, Jim Henkel, *Trevor Kell, Andrew Leach, Beau McLaughlin, *Brad Mills, *Jason Paige, John Toffey, *Tony Zancanaro

GOALTENDERS

Eh...I was thinking of it from this standpoint.... Fill ins for the preseason until Lowell sends down some players ;)

And whats the big deal about Caruso?? Id rather have Smith in net this season anyways!

And I like McLaughlin last year =\ Now I dont expect a couple guys to make it...(Remember this is training camp, not signed players)

The problem is Lowell already sent 6 players , Castonguay, Kell, Mills, Paige, Smith and Caruso. I don't see them having to many more to send especially if NJ or Lowell have any more injuries. Maybe a couple guys shake loose but I don't think it will be enough to eliminate the camp fodder completely. As far as goalies Carusa is a proven winner at this level, I'd certainly feel better having him and Smith share the time to start the season. Jason came from a small college program and I would think is a relatively unkown coming into the season.

Maybe we can actually get some bodies for the Capraro and Martin once the camps get going. I'm holding onto the fact that they actually have a plan, but right now its ugly.

Did Lowell send them? Or were they the guys cut from lowells training camp?? Last time I checked, I havent seen ANY of those players on any transaction list of them being sent down from lowell.

Unless lowell plans to sit 3 forwards and 2 defenseman each night :blink:

According to the GM they are contracted guys.

I bet they sit 2 and 1 in Lowell.

Eh...I was thinking of it from this standpoint.... Fill ins for the preseason until Lowell sends down some players ;)

And whats the big deal about Caruso?? Id rather have Smith in net this season anyways!

And I like McLaughlin last year =\ Now I dont expect a couple guys to make it...(Remember this is training camp, not signed players)

Come to find out that Jay Hollday is from here as well as Beau Mclauhglin. Beau was actually cut from Brophy's team (Renegades) Beau was one of the best there, but Broph wanted to send a message (pissed that Beau was waiting ofr something better) Jay Holliday was playing in a beer league here in Chesapeake. He played in a prep school in Alaska. Could've played Div 1 hockey but turned it down for whatever reason. Anyway, how he got there in the 1st place was the owner of Chilled Ponds is Pat Cavanaugh, who was a teamate of Rick Kowalski both playing for the ECHL Norfolk Admirals years ago. This is being done as a favor to Pat i believe.

Why did I tell you all this? you might ask? I just thought inquiring minds want to know.

To set the record strait.

Jay Holladay played jr a in Fairbanks Alaska, and never attended a prep school.

Jay Holladay did not turn down division one hockey. He played for American International last year. He was recruited by other colleges among them Air Force

Jay Holladay Had a tryout with the Norfolk Admirals (AHL) and acquited himself well. Having an assist and a plus 2 rating During the last game of the training camp.

Jay Holladay did participate in some beer league games, mostly to skate with his friends and have a good time.

Did Pat Cavanaugh open some doors, sure, But I am sure he is not going to recommend someone who can not play. Look at Mike Piazza, Tom Lasorda drafted him as the very last player picked in the baseball draft as a favor to his childhood friend, and Mike did not do to badly

Edited by RAL