Nhl Gamecenter?

Mike441

I am using gamecenter for the second year in a row now and i'm out at college at psu and this thing is a life saver.

Between the archive for games your miss or just games you want to see (they give you all the games from 07-08 and 08-09 as well as the ones from this coming season for all the teams in the league) there is just no substitute. The quality of the video is great though if you don't have real good internet it could definatly degrade in a big hurry as I have had times when there is a bunch of people using the bandwidth on the wifi that the feed will get a bit choppy.

For the most part the signal is great, blackout only applys to your cable market (for you the flyers games) and the archive is awsome so I highly recomend it.

I am using gamecenter for the second year in a row now and i'm out at college at psu and this thing is a life saver.

Between the archive for games your miss or just games you want to see (they give you all the games from 07-08 and 08-09 as well as the ones from this coming season for all the teams in the league) there is just no substitute. The quality of the video is great though if you don't have real good internet it could definatly degrade in a big hurry as I have had times when there is a bunch of people using the bandwidth on the wifi that the feed will get a bit choppy.

For the most part the signal is great, blackout only applys to your cable market (for you the flyers games) and the archive is awsome so I highly recomend it.

I'm at freshmen at Penn State now, and if you highly recommend it, I'm going to have to look into it because I won't be satisfied with just Devs/Pitt and Devs/Flyers games.

I was in Boston last year and I subscribed to Gamecenter. I saw most of the games except the ones that were against Boston and the ones on Versus.

The quality is really good, I had no lag whatsoever. Also, as others have stated, the archive is really great.

Same here. Was in Boston for college and it was a the only way to watch Devils games that weren't against the bruins or on versus.

I'll definably be subscribing again this year.

i use it and i like it, the quality is pretty good. just make sure that you're definitely out of devils coverage area otherwise the games will be blacked out.

This. It's good for watching out-of-town games if you don't have access to Center Ice on the TV, but if you're in an area that gets Devils games, you'll be blacked out online. I had it a couple years ago and I couldn't get the Devils, Isles, Rangers and Sabres.

I used it up here in Syracuse, and I have to tell you it might not be worth it. I got no Rangers, Devils or Islanders games, they were all blacked out because I'm in MSG territory. And I don't always get Devils games because the Sabres version of MSG+ takes over in the area. I'm not sure how the blackouts would be, but it's unlikely you'd get Devils games. Really annoying that I paid for Gamecenter and get MSG+ and yet still some nights I'm reduced to listening to the games on the radio.

How does sharing work? Meaning, "can two people be logged in and viewing from two separate PCs on THE SAME account?" I'm sure that's not the case, but we would have two PCs viewing different games in the same household.

No. I emailed the Gamecenter live people about this as I want to get it but my bf and I are in different offices and I don't really want to pay for it twice. They said no, 2 people cannot be logged in with the same account at the same time.

Unless anyone else has some practical experience otherwise...... (which I'd love to hear about).

It appears that you can pay on a monthly basis too, which is nice. I wish you could just buy one month to test it out though. This could be a nice solution since we only have one TV and I'm pretty confident my wife doesn't want to watch a half dozen NHL games every week. :D

Edited by nmadd

yeah, i did month-to-month since i moved out of state near the end of the season and wasn't sure how long i was going to even use the gamecenter, but i'll definitely be switching to the season package now.

the playoffs were kind of a waste though -- you were lucky to get a handful of first round games. since a lot of the games were on versus, they pulled coverage through gamecenter. i totally understand why, but it still sucked.