Interesting look at NJ's microstats from last year

Triumph

This quote from the article sums it all up, really:

"The downside that the Devils had is that they couldn’t score goals or make saves so all the Corsi% in the world didn’t get them over the line for the playoffs."

And as he notes, at the very least, having Schneider will help with one half of the equation.  Can't see the Devils putting up an aggragate .897 save% again. 

We won't know for a while about the other half...these guys are going to need some time.  I won't jump to any conclusions if they struggle to score OR somehow come flying out of the gate and pop in 3+ per game.  Gotta see how this works out, and if the older guys can stay healthy.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Florida results from 2008-09 to 2010-11:

48.7% goals percentage, 46.7% shots percentage, 47.1% Fenwick percentage.  So, no.  And again, we don't see this last year until the Devils got Ponikarovsky, Josefson got healthy, NJ got Zidlicky, etc.  I think personnel is the major reason and it's why I think they're going to be darn good again this year in that department.