Question about Brodeur's mask

David Puddy

Not to hash open old wounds, but what was the last thing with Marty and his wife? I can't remember what was te last thing to happen, or why it even all started.

The last thing I heard is that he was in the process of getting a divorce. It seems to be true because the part about him being married to her was cut out of his personal info in the media guide. And I saw their kids with a woman that was not Melanie at the game Saturday.

I know this is sort of OT, but a few people were having a discussion about Marty's mask on another board, saying it was one of the ugliest masks in the NHL and that he should really spring for a new one by now...but I love his mask, I think it's really classy and nice; 20 years from now, it'll be one of those masks that just by looking at you'll know it was the Great Marty Brodeur who wore it for the majority of his career.

I hate most of the masks around today. I just don't go for the airbrushed look. Leave that to the t-shirt shops on the boardwalk.

I agree...the airbrush stuff from DaveArt.com is hideous. I actually kinda liked it at first, until I realized all his designs pretty much looked the same, just different colors.

It's too bad Ahonen wears one of his designs.