WSJ: Playoff Fireworks...

MantaRay

"Nothing compares to the Stanley Cup Finals," Nash said on his Twitter feed the other day. "I could watch 9 periods."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303848104576381750167474230.html

Was the basketball star being disloyal? Blasphemous? Impish? Or just…accurate?

Look: Steve Nash isn't an unbiased source. He's Canadian, with suspicious rock-star hair. He's cheering hard for his Vancouver Canucks, even showing up on the hostile planet of Boston to support them behind enemy lines. His brother-in-law, Manny Malhotra, plays for Vancouver. Nash isn't a celebrity bandwagoning for blue-and-green laundry. His investment is authentic.

But it still was a striking comment. This wasn't coming from Wayne Gretzky or Don Cherry wearing a suit made from Mariah Carey's shower curtains, but a two-time MVP of pro basketball's top league, a bona fide hard-court lord.

here's what my facebook status was shortly after the NBA finals....

At the very least you have the MLB pile on after a long series. At the very most the NHL players pour onto the ice swarming the goalie into one big pile of euphoria. In the middle the NFL has fireworks, confetti, and tears on both sides...NBA, you suck...that was the most uneventful championship win I've ever witnessed...I knew there was a reason I don't watch the regular season...

here's what my facebook status was shortly after the NBA finals....

At the very least you have the MLB pile on after a long series. At the very most the NHL players pour onto the ice swarming the goalie into one big pile of euphoria. In the middle the NFL has fireworks, confetti, and tears on both sides...NBA, you suck...that was the most uneventful championship win I've ever witnessed...I knew there was a reason I don't watch the regular season...

I have been saying this for years...the NBA title celebrations are the most anti-climactic crap ive ever seen! It was like they just won game 38...and then to have to get on a 8X8 foot stage and listen to Stuart Scott give his opinion, right after you just won the freakin title! Give me a break!