Recchi Hurts Foot

oofrostonoo

Ok I hardly ever post here but there has been a trend in the forum latley that is kinda shocking. I am a die hard Devils fan but rooting for injuries? That is really disturbing. I want to win the cup but i'd rather do it against a healthy teams rather than have my flyer friends from school telling me "ya but the devils only won cause we didn't have Recchi" I hope he's fine and i hope everyone is healthy on all teams for the playoff push.

I am not "Rooting" for injuries...i am just saying it happened. Also that it can help out chances of taking the Atlantic Division. I guess the way i posted made it sound like rooting....butt...it alreaedy happened...I am just "rooting that it is a fracture and not somthing more serious ;)

Edited by oofrostonoo

First of all, does it really matter who wins the division or not? I mean really...who won the division in 2000? Yes, home-ice was big last year but it hasn't been that big every year in hockey. I'd just prefer our team start playing better and more consistently and beat some tough teams because EVERY team is going to be tough in the playoffs, especially if the Isles choke and Buffalo gets the #8 seed.

Second of all Recchi was in uniform so no it wasn't serious.

Third of all, do you really 'want' to win because everyone else got hurt? We've got our own injuries, would you be happy if Flyer fans were celebrating them? Hell, this board was beside itself (and rightly so) when Roenick made the silly comment about Nieds a couple years back - something like 'Him being out sure helped us'

Ok I hardly ever post here but there has been a trend in the forum latley that is kinda shocking. I am a die hard Devils fan but rooting for injuries? That is really disturbing. I want to win the cup but i'd rather do it against a healthy teams rather than have my flyer friends from school telling me "ya but the devils only won cause we didn't have Recchi" I hope he's fine and i hope everyone is healthy on all teams for the playoff push.

I second this post.

I know "rooting for injuries" is all kind of done tongue and cheek... but come on.

Again: A person first, a hockey player second. Keep it all in perspective.

P.S. Welcome back to the boards, buddy