Denver Post Columnist Sez

SportsTalkRadio

I agree but I really don't think my dad or brother are idiots. They watched enough hockey over their lives to get a good handle on our team. This year the devils still play the trap but we also have the best counter attack maybe in the league. When fans from the other team are trying to tie the game up it can be quite frustrating and boring at times.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And preventing the other team from tying the game is what you're supposed to do. The object of the game is to win. Winning is never boring.

That is not at all true. Sure, winning is never boring if you are rooting for the team that wins, but if you are not a fan of that team then that is wrong. For example - for those of you old enought to remember, the 4 corners that UNC won titles with was brilliant - if you were a UNC fan - but was the most boring thing to every other college basketball fan. While I am not equating this Devils offense with that, sometimes a team winning a title isn't necessarily the best thing for the sport, and I think that is the sentiment that he is trying to put forth.

The (lack of) oxygen issue raised in an earlier post is at the heart of the matter and anyone with the least amount of self respect, won't even bat an eye when these Denver media idiots begin emitting their nauseous gas ... if cornered, these writers and 97% of the entitled fans who follow this traveling circus known as Avalanche would be hard pressed to tell you what kind of surface the game of hockey is played on!

Oh, and not to be outdone by the Vancouver Canucks, the Avalanche raised yet another banner following yesterday's overtime loss to Nashville -- check it out: http://www.divealanche.com/