Allison Out 10-12 Weeks

Weekes Head

According to TSN.ca:

Allison out 10-12 weeks

tsn.ca Staff

10/30/2002

(tsn.ca) - TSN has learned that Los Angeles Kings centre Jason Allison will be out 10-12 weeks with a torn medial collateral ligament and a strained anterior collateral ligament. While the torn MCL require surgery, the ACL will not, saving the star centre from six months of recovery time.

While Allison is gone for a while, it's not likely that Atlanta defenceman Andy Sutton will be suspended by the league.

The NHL hockey operations department has not yet said anything definitively, but sources have told TSN that it's looking as though the league sees Sutton's hit the same as the on-ice game officials saw it. That is, an attempt by Sutton to shoulder check Allison with incidental knee-to-knee contact.

Allison left the arena on crutches with his right leg immobilized in a large blue brace.

Allison had not missed a game since being acquired from the Boston Bruins last season.

"It's serious," Murray said after the game. "It's very serious."

While none of the Kings players accused Sutton of attempting to injure Allison, Ian Laperriere fought Sutton shortly after the incident.

Said Sutton: "I am sorry that Jason Allison was injured, but that is part of the game and I am a little more concerned right now about the loss."

The Kings are already without regulars Aaron Miller and Zigmund Palffy.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=10...505&hubName=nhl

I like Allison....

I think I jinxed her him! I was so hoping he would play badly this season so his stock would temorarily go down so we could somehow pick him up because he's good andd... so I could get his jersey and wear it around town one day so I can have people tap me on the shoulder and whisper in my ear "Alison... um, I think you have a typo on your jersey...." :lol: