20 questions with Jay Pandolfo

Elias Sports Bureau

http://newjerseydevils.com/2004/html/fanzo...pandolfo_tr.php

From the week of June 28, 2004

1. Q: Earlier this season I saw you on an episode of Whoopi, along with Scott Stevens and Scott Gomez. Do you have any aspirations of being an actor once your career is done? Mike-Hoboken, NJ

A: I have absolutely no acting aspirations at all. I don't even know how I got involved. Whoopi (Goldberg) came to a lot of our playoff games in 2003 and narrated our championship video, so she asked us to be a part of the show. It was exciting and it was really nice to meet her. Meeting her was the best part. She is a pretty cool lady and very funny.

2. Q: What is your most memorable Devils' experience? Ruth-Long Valley, NJ

A: Obviously, the two most memorable experiences were winning the Stanley Cup in 2000 and 2003. I don't think anything can really top that. Winning the Stanley Cup is what you dream about when you become a hockey player. It's the ultimate goal. I don't think one win tops the other, though. In my mind, they are both equal to each other.

3. Q: As a premier "defensive forward" in the league, and a key to the Devils' penalty-killing unit, what team/player has been the toughest assignment to defend against, both on the penalty kill, and at even strength? Joe-Columbia, SC

A: The NHL is full of skilled players that are tough to defend against in any situation. At even strength, it has got to be Jaromir Jagr and on the power play it's Brett Hull. Jagr is just so strong. He is hard to knock off the puck at even strength. He is one of the best players in the League. Brett Hull is good at finding the open spot on the power play and getting the shot off.

4. Q: What is your typical routine on a game day? Does it change at all during the playoffs? Jennifer-Hopatcong, NJ

A: During the regular season my day begins with the team's pre-game skate, then I go for lunch

18. Q: What exercises should I do to make my shot more powerful and accurate?

Taylor-Chattanooga, TN

A: To make your shot more powerful and accurate, the number one thing you should concentrate on is taking lots of shots. Other than that, any exercises or drills having to do with your wrists and forearms are important. Anything to strengthen them is always key. When I was a kid, I just shot a lot of pucks anytime I got the chance.

Don't know if I would ask his advice about this :P

18. Q: What exercises should I do to make my shot more powerful and accurate?

Taylor-Chattanooga, TN

A: To make your shot more powerful and accurate, the number one thing you should concentrate on is taking lots of shots. Other than that, any exercises or drills having to do with your wrists and forearms are important. Anything to strengthen them is always key. When I was a kid, I just shot a lot of pucks anytime I got the chance. 

Don't know if I would ask his advice about this :P

Well it might help him in college! :D

11. Q: How often do you get home to see your family in Massachusetts in the off-season? Are they Bruins' fans, or do they now root for the Devils? Rob-Malden, MA

I thought this was a stupid question. Of course his parents would be Devils fans. Duh. :P Maybe it was wishful thinking, misery loves company. :lol: