NJ Devs Fantasy Football Smack Talk 2014

RSC

You dropped Gray in this league lol

I've actually played you twice three straight years, the schedule probably gets based on who signs in first and I'm usually one of the first to sign in so...

and he STILL helped me win cause Masked had Brady :)

dammit, I got my profit leagues confused :P

that's weird, next season I need to look into randomizing the schedule more, doing it based on signup time seems....odd

and he STILL helped me win cause Masked had Brady :)

dammit, I got my profit leagues confused :P

that's weird, next season I need to look into randomizing the schedule more, doing it based on signup time seems....odd

Or just doing it NFL like where better record = tougher schedule where say the top three teams all play each other twice next season, 4-6 play each other twice and so on, 7-9 and 10-12, since in a 12-team 13-week league you only play two teams twice.

Edited by NJDevs4978

yeah it's two....so: 1, 2 and 3 would play each other twice, 4, 5 and 6....7, 8 and 9, and then 10, 11 and 12

something to remember when the season ends.....do we want to base this on pre-playoff seeding or playoff results?

yeah it's two....so: 1, 2 and 3 would play each other twice, 4, 5 and 6....7, 8 and 9, and then 10, 11 and 12

something to remember when the season ends.....do we want to base this on pre-playoff seeding or playoff results?

That's the one potential sticking point, it would have been ironic last year with me and Laflamme getting the B schedule after making the title game from the 5-6 seeds. Still I think it should be based on regular season results like the NFL does it.

Edited by NJDevs4978

There's still ample time to debate that, plus let's see what everyone else says before we push this through anyway, regular season makes more sense since that's the sign of a more consistent good team then a one game playoff would be

If we kept more players; I'd go with that; but given we redraft a new team (less 1 player)...  I don't think it's needed.    Good teams (and dominance) could be a bit more volatile year to year. 

I like the idea, but perhaps a weighted average of the past 3 years or so?  Or moaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarr  keeepers :)

If we kept more players; I'd go with that; but given we redraft a new team (less 1 player)...  I don't think it's needed.    Good teams (and dominance) could be a bit more volatile year to year. 

I like the idea, but perhaps a weighted average of the past 3 years or so?  Or moaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarr  keeepers :)

I like the idea of more keepers but I think that'll get in the way of the draft chaos crasher loves so much :lol:

I like the idea of more keepers but I think that'll get in the way of the draft chaos crasher loves so much :lol:

Having more keepers actually 'would' take some of the fun out of the draft tbh...and also devalue having the top picks even further.  As it is the late 2nd-3rd rounds have more of a 5th-6th round type feel to them.

not even done with the regular season this year and you are debating the schedule for next year?

Killjoy

Well the keeper system wouldn't change till next year anyway cause we all know how well that went over the LAST time it was almost changed (from 0-1) in the same offseason.  So any change to the schedule next year would have to be independent of any potential keeper changes.

Of course the other option is to 'actually' randomize the schedule.  It's hard to say it's randomized - or randomized well, when I get CRASHER twice each of the last three years and Masked twice in three of the last four years (not that I'm complaining about it, just that it's....odd).  

Edited by NJDevs4978

Having more keepers actually 'would' take some of the fun out of the draft tbh...and also devalue having the top picks even further.  As it is the late 2nd-3rd rounds have more of a 5th-6th round type feel to them.

Killjoy

Well the keeper system wouldn't change till next year anyway cause we all know how well that went over the LAST time it was almost changed (from 0-1) in the same offseason.  So any change to the schedule next year would have to be independent of any potential keeper changes.

Of course the other option is to 'actually' randomize the schedule.  It's hard to say it's randomized - or randomized well, when I get CRASHER twice each of the last three years and Masked twice in three of the last four years (not that I'm complaining about it, just that it's....odd).  

Agreed...   not sure if there is a randomize schedule button to click?    Doing by hand could be a bit challenging; or at least have some pit falls.

Agreed...   not sure if there is a randomize schedule button to click?    Doing by hand could be a bit challenging; or at least have some pit falls.

Reading online, it looks like it's a button in the commissioner tools.

Well I'll be damned.....I could randomize the schedule for the rest of THIS year too.....damn power is cool B )

And the reason we ask this now is a good chunk of us kinda disperse after football season....go figure on a hockey board :P .....so its best to ask this kinda stuff while people ARE around.....it also adds an option for "rivlary week" (take THAT NBC Sports and your crappy Wednesday Night Rivlary garbage!)....the problem is everyone would line up to want to play Manta in the last week of the season!! :lol:

its bad enough Gen Con is early next year and I can't use that as my reason to stall the draft as is :P

Well I'll be damned.....I could randomize the schedule for the rest of THIS year too.....damn power is cool B )

And the reason we ask this now is a good chunk of us kinda disperse after football season....go figure on a hockey board :P .....so its best to ask this kinda stuff while people ARE around.....it also adds an option for "rivlary week" (take THAT NBC Sports and your crappy Wednesday Night Rivlary garbage!)....the problem is everyone would line up to want to play Manta in the last week of the season!! :lol:

Rivalry week here would be like interleague play in baseball (where one team has to play another in the opposite league twice)...with some actual rivalries and some forced matchups just to make sure everyone plays each other.  You and Manta or Clown would be Yankees-Mets while say DR and red would be Diamondbacks-Tigers :P

You or Manta would both be everyone's rival pick lol.  Me and ayl could be one of the other rivalries because of our constant jockeying in the hockey league and we've had a couple of playoff matchups here too.

Hah that could be another option...have a FLEX schedule the last two weeks based on standings after everyone plays each other once, well unless you can only randomize and not manually change it  :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

:lol: now how the hell would we agree on a flex format? Have all the playoff contenders play each other while the clinched teams play the jobbers?? Oi the thought gives me a migrane!!

Let the bottom six teams choose their opponents from the top six teams? So 12th would the first pick, then 11th, etc. That probably wouldn't work, but it might make things interesting

Edited by RSC