I just converted...

undaimee

i just dont think that you live and die, and i think that there is someone that sreated us. We did not pop out of nowhere or evolve from monkeys. Science is very unsuccessful in explaining how life came to be in the first place.

the "monkey's are still existing, therefor evolution theory is wrong" thing is used waaay to often. first off, evolution is real, we know it is, we know certain species evolve from others and humans are just mammals, albiet very intellegent ones, still animals.

i think when science suggests that we evolved from monkey's they are really just pointing out that humans COULD have infact evolved from something, maybe not speccifcly monkeys but something else.

and just because monkey's are still around, does not mean we did not evolve from them. evolution can take thousands, of even hundreds of thousands of years, all the monkey's are not simply one day going to stop what they are doing and ALL morph into humans in a few seconds.

some of the smartest monkey's in the world are smarter then some of the dumbest humans, i think that says something.

evolution IMO is a lot more plausable then some sentient being which, we have NO proof of existance except taking the word of people that existed thousands of years ago.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

human evolution is mumbo jumbo

saying that we evolved from monkeys would be like saying that lobsters evolved from crabs. It just dosnt make sense and science is unsuccessful. The adam and Eve theory is the only one that makes sense.

:blink: Yes, evolution makes no sense, but us springing forth from nothingness in a span of 6 days makes perfect sense.

-Scott

human evolution is mumbo jumbo

saying that we evolved from monkeys would be like saying that lobsters evolved from crabs. It just dosnt make sense and science is unsuccessful. The adam and Eve theory is the only one that makes sense.

:blink: Yes, evolution makes no sense, but us springing forth from nothingness in a span of 6 days makes perfect sense.

-Scott

lol ha! stick it to him

Evolution makes sense to me. I'm not saying you have to believe it. But please don't try and tell me I have to believe in Creationism because you believe it. That's where all the trouble starts.

As my biology teacher in high school told the people who objected to evolution, "I'm not telling you to believe it. What you believe is your own business. But it's part of the curriculum and you have to learn it. You can then forget about it if you wish to do so. But probably not before you take the Biology Advanced Placement Exam."

He was a very practical man.

Actually it makes perfect sense. He created Adam and Eve in six days, they did something wrong, you know how it goes. It makes more sence than the we are monkeys theory.

Monkeys and ourselves have a lot in common, but that dosnt mean that my greatgreatgreatgreat grandpa was a monkey.

Hasnt it been 5000 years already? When are all the moneys gonna evolve?

Actually, It's been millions of years since some of the monkeys started to evolve into humans. It's been a couple of hundred thousand years since the first modern humans evolved in Africa

10,000 years would be about what Biblical scholars give for the age of the earth.

It's also about the time the last Neaderthal disappeared from the face of the earth.

I wasn't attacking you. But you can't seem to handle it when someone doesn't agree with you, in any context.

Not all monkeys evolved into humans. So what??? Not all the humans who left Africa evolved the exact same physical characteristics. So what???

And actually although they say we evolved from monkeys, our closest relatives are chimpanzees.

Actually it makes perfect sense. He created Adam and Eve in six days, they did something wrong, you know how it goes. It makes more sence than the we are monkeys theory.

Monkeys and ourselves have a lot in common, but that dosnt mean that my greatgreatgreatgreat grandpa was a monkey.

5000 years in respect to how old the earth is (scientists specualte 14 billion years) is not a very long time. its all about perspective. goes hand in hand with the theory of relativity (sp) which was thought up by a scientist named einstien.

OMG, all i wanted to tell u guys is that I converted, but I am just getting attacked for what I believe in

Well to be fair you also attacked what we believe in.

-Scott

When did I attack u guys, I was just answering questions until someone indirectly claimed that I made a terrible mistake

OMG, all i wanted to tell u guys is that I converted, but I am just getting attacked for what I believe in

Well to be fair you also attacked what we believe in.

-Scott

When did I attack u guys, I was just answering questions until someone indirectly claimed that I made a terrible mistake

Well you called what I believed in mumbo jumbo and silly. Then when we said the same thing back you it was an attack.

-Scott

5000 years in respect to how old the earth is (scientists specualte 14 billion years) is not a very long time. its all about perspective. goes hand in hand with the theory of relativity (sp) which was thought up by a scientist named einstien.

BTW, squishy, the earth isn't quite 14 billion years old yet. I think you are thinking of the universe, which is somewhere in that neighborhood, probably a little older. The sun is about 5 billion years old. The earth is a little younger than the sun.

Or at least that is the current scientific belief (I added that in for anyone who doesn't believe in the big bang theory and wants to disagree with me...I understand that all of this is controvertial to some people, I happen to believe it...I'm not saying everyone has to).

oh...well...in that case, i didnt exactly realise that i was attacking you :noclue: ...

Sorry guys...

Forgive me

I will never post here again...

Ok thats over dramatical.. or maybe you dont know enough yet about the quran to defend it.. not that im saying its true.. coz its not .. If converting to muslim makes u oversensitive like u are know.. how can u have the guts to blow up two buildings in New York? :noclue:

BTW, squishy, the earth isn't quite 14 billion years old yet. I think you are thinking of the universe, which is somewhere in that neighborhood, probably a little older. The sun is about 5 billion years old. The earth is a little younger than the sun.

Or at least that is the current scientific belief (I added that in for anyone who doesn't believe in the big bang theory and wants to disagree with me...I understand that all of this is controvertial to some people, I happen to believe it...I'm not saying everyone has to).

haha maybe i got those two confused :P . my programming teacher constantly used the age of 14 billion years to show us how some intractable math problems can take thousands of times longer to solve. thx for the correction tho

oh...well...in that case, i didnt exactly realise that i was attacking you :noclue: ...

Sorry guys...

Forgive me

Ok thats over dramatical.. or maybe you dont know enough yet about the quran to defend it.. not that im saying its true.. coz its not .. If converting to muslim makes u oversensitive like u are know.. how can u have the guts to blow up two buildings in New York? :noclue:

there is a big differnce between rational intellgent muslim people who calmly live on this world, and the disgusting islamic miltary fundementalists that hijacked planes and smashed them into the world trade center / pentagon.

i think its important to distinguish that.

Sorry guys...

Forgive me

I think that's a over the line, don't you? While this may be a reaction to a conversion I don't think this has anything to do with her conversion to Islam per se, or that her converting makes her a terrorist (if that is what you were implying).

I get the feeling from some of her posts that undaimee is pretty young. Maybe mid teens??? I'm not sure because her profile didn't give her birthday. But if that's true, then this is a natural reaction of a young person who has gotten very enthusiastic about a religion (and it could be ANY religion) and who hasn't learned how to argue her points without taking things personally yet. She hasn't learned to do that on a lot of topics but that will come with time.

She WAS overly dramatic but guess what...most young people are.

Sorry guys...

Forgive me

Well I guess Christianity is just as bad, read about the Crusades?

-Scott

Sorry guys...

Forgive me

:blink:

did you just post that?!?

:saddevil: totally uncalled for

yea, i m overreacting, but i did make a huge mistake tellin u guys that i converted.

i m a he, not a she, and yes, i m in my mid teens

i studied religion over the summer and decided to convert.

I had questioned islam in many ways in the past, like "they are terrorrists" and "they can marry like 4 women", but when i looked deep into it, i realised i was wrong.

Islam is a welcoming, peaceful, and forgiving religion

dont judge my religion on obl

undaimee, i'm glad that you found religion in your life. There is no need for you to defend your decision, as long as you are happy with your decision that is enough.

you will always find people that critique you, often because of ignorance.

Never let anyone tell you that you made the wrong decision.

(myself, I am an atheist, and that is a decision I made in my teens after growing up in a christian family)