Is this true?

ciyenne

My question is "Why?" what is the reasoning behind allowing these weapons? hunting? targetshooting? what?!?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Protecting the 2nd Admendent cause we as citizens of the US can and should have the right to bear arms...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When they wrote the constitution guns fired like once per minute, these guns just legalized can fire a couple hundred times a minute.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is "Why?" what is the reasoning behind allowing these weapons? hunting? targetshooting? what?!?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Protecting the 2nd Admendent cause we as citizens of the US can and should have the right to bear arms...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When they wrote the constitution guns fired like once per minute, these guns just legalized can fire a couple hundred times a minute.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea, so instead of killing one bad guy per minute u can mow down 30 in a minute, what's the point

Okay TK. You have a whole internet to search. Tell me ONE time that an ordinary citizen mowed down 30 "bad guys" all at once. Rambo doesn't count.

731: If AK-47's taste as good as orange juice you have a point. Why even bother with the old ban on automatic assault rifles if in less than 20 minutes I can turn a semi-automatic AK-47 into a full fledged automatic? I suppose you are for a complete repeal of any of the gun laws, and Americans should have fully automatic Uzi's on their back?

Edited by Don

Okay TK. You have a whole internet to search. Tell me ONE time that an ordinary citizen mowed down 30 "bad guys" all at once. Rambo doesn't count.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly, that's why it doesn't matter if it fires one shot per minute or 30...

Don, I'm saying a line has to be drawn somewhere. I like how you took my point that many things can be bought and made into a dangerous weapon means I somehow want automatic weapons everywhere. Thats just silly, you're trying to put words in my mouth that I didn't say and its weak.

-Scott

Several people here are still missing an important point. Those who respect the law aren't goint to go and kill someone whether they own a machine gun, a semi-automatic or a muzzle-loader. People who don't respect the law are not going to be stopped from getting an illegal gun (or using a kitchen knife or baseball bat) just because they're illegal to own.

...and to Don, a couple of points. First, just because you got the info on the 'net, doesn't mean you can actually do it. I could tell you how to rebuild a Weber carburetor in afew easy steps, but do you really think you could do it without having a fundamental understanding of how they work? (not to mention lots of tuner experience). Second, even if you were to attempt it, if any LEO found out, you'd be looking at 10 years in a federal prison minimum. Also keep in mind that building a home-made 2000lbs bomb and driving it up to an Oklahoma City Federal building took no more than 2 guys, a truck, some diesel fuel and fertilizer bought at K-mart. If the bad guys want murder, mayhem and terror, the sad fact is that "assault weapons" are far from they're most efficient tool.

Well you haven't been able to own a firearm unless you're a farmer in the UK for many a year so I doubt the increase in crime is due to that. What it IS down to is that many more people are actually reporting cases of rape and assult so the actual levels of such crimes has not increased but the levels of reported crime has. So on any survey or report, it appears as though the levels of crime have gone up. Whereas before only around 20% of rape was reported, the figure has now increased to around 40% so it seems as though rape has doubled where in actual fact, it has not.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I figure this is GWBs way of empowering all Americans to defend ourselves. Personally, I would trust my own AK-47 a lot more than I trust Tom Ridge to defend me.

Anyway, from the conversations I overhear around the Sea Girt Police Academy, an awful lot of law enforcement officers are into these kind of weapons.

Car crime is a huge problem over here. No doubt the crime rate HAS increased, but I doubt that it was due to gun laws. Perhps we are just becoming a more violent nation. I'll need to do more research though...

Certainly of the various debates which raged last year over this issue on Newsnight and other such programmes, put the majority of the blame as it were on more incidences of reportage.

Car crime is a huge problem over here. No doubt the crime rate HAS increased, but I doubt that it was due to gun laws. Perhps we are just becoming a more violent nation. I'll need to do more research though...

Certainly of the various debates which raged last year over this issue on Newsnight and other such programmes, put the majority of the blame as it were on more incidences of reportage.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd believe the increase in rapes is at least partially due to an increase in reporting of the crime. That does happen as more women are willing to report. However, at some point you'd like to see that statistic start to move down because there are fewer to REPORT.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd believe the increase in rapes is at least partially due to an increase in reporting of the crime. That does happen as more women are willing to report. However, at some point you'd like to see that statistic start to move down because there are fewer to REPORT.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In an ideal world...but now...there's the whole problem with date rape. Rohypnil and other drugs are just creating a whole new generation of rape victims.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In an ideal world...but now...there's the whole problem with date rape. Rohypnil and other drugs are just creating a whole new generation of rape victims.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, although in the case of the attacks using drugs many women don't even realize something has happened (not that it isn't rape, but many of them aren't reported because of this unless someone sees the woman shortly after she wakes up). So I'm not sure how many of them really get reported (which is unfortunate).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.