13 members have voted

1. 1. Player potential:Barry Tallackson

• 80+points
    • 60-70 points
    • 50-60 points
    • 40-50 points
    • 30-40 points
    • around 20 or less

Tallackson is an excellent skater, has a hard wrist shot, great size/strength, good range side to side. In past years though Tallackson just didn't have the drive or competitive edge. He would show up for a couple big games then do nothing for the rest of the season. That isn't the attitude you want out of a player, just to show up in bigger games.

Up to this date this season in the exibition game and Minnesota's only regular season game whe Tallackson was given an A or a C, he has shown that competitive edge everyone has been looking for. He created scoring chances using his size/strength. If this Tallackson shows up for the full year I am willing to bet Lou does what he can to sign Tallackson as soon as possible.

If he truely turned his leaf I could see him being a 2nd line LW who gets close to 50/60 points. If not I don't see him ever making the NHL.

I've only seen Tallackson play two games (World Juniors in Halifax) but given that he was a Devils pick, I watched him pretty closely those games.

His size impressed me, but not what he would do with that size. Plus there seemed to be more height than width, so he reminded me of a basketball player on skates.

If I wasn't looking for him, he would have been invisible.

From the few times I've seen Tallackson I'd say he's got a very good chance of making the NHL, probably as a 3rd line grinder. He has good enough skating (better than Ryznar, for example) and is a good hitter. He can also score goals given the right opportunity.

I'd say if he gets his consistency fixed he could easily be another Randy McKay type of player, with possibly some additional offensive potential. If not, he'll be more of a journeyman and will never be very valuable.

Edited by Tretyak 20