Turner Stevenson: No hockey this year

sw61776

stevenson_43587.jpg

Still not used to having him as a Flyer...

Stevenson: No hockey this year

TSN.ca Staff

11/3/2004

Philadelphia Flyers forward Turner Stevenson says fans should not expect to see any NHL hockey played this season.

"I've said for a year now, it's going to be at least a year, and I still think that's the case," he tells the Prince George Citizen.

"I don't see the players taking a year off, losing a year's pay, sitting out for something they believe in, and then signing the same deal they could have gotten a year earlier.

"Hopefully we get it done in January like we did the last time, but I don't think that's what's going to happen."

"No Stanley Cup handed out this year."

Stevenson believes it is the owners goal to make the players suffer financially and that if they attempted to start again using replacement players, there would be trouble.

"I don't know what the owners plan on doing, if it's using (replacement) players, or what," he tells the newspaper. "But players have contracts, and that would end up in so much litigation. . . there would be so many lawyers involved it wouldn't be funny.

"I don't think people will pay $100 to watch minor-league players, when they can watch a minor-league game for $15."

Stevenson, who signed a three year, $4.9-million deal with the Flyers this past summer, adds he's not impressed by comments from some of the younger players who would consider playing under a salary cap if it meant an end to the lockout.

"It's easy for them to say that. When I signed, I got a $120,000 signing bonus, everyone now is getting $750,000 or more. . . If some of these guys left the game tomorrow, no one would miss them, so their opinion is an uneducated one."

" If some of these guys left the game tomorrow, no one would miss them, so their opinion is an uneducated one."

Gee, that really inspires union solidarity. He wants guys like Ray to stick with him, but as far as he is concerned they can get lost?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And of all people to be saying that :rolleyes: Turner --- . He's got enough heart that when he continually goes up down in and out during the season it's wearing not energizing. He was a total energy drain last year never settling in. Then copping an attitude when it came time to negotiate. I haven't lost respect for his heart and stuff but I just think he's stupid. He one of those just stupid guys. I can never conceive of that kind of stupidity. It's like you listen and you just think wow - you're just DUMB aren't you? There's nothing to do or say about it. He's just DUMB! A lot of the players seem to be that way. Most seem self-righteous and obstinant like spoiled kids stubbornly stickign to their guns -- but so many just seem --- well like they've taken a few too many blows to the head. :blink:

So since I won't miss Turner on the Devils his opinion must be pretty much an uneducated one. dope. what the hell does that MEAN??? <_< GRRRRRRRRRR! He'll make a good Phailure. A hardworking arrogant loser... :rolleyes: